Chapter 34 | The Sand

King's point of view

Francesca and I's wheels screeched on the ground as we both hit our brakes to hit a sharp left. We were head to head on the highway. Two lanes of cars were between us but every chance I got I turned to look over at her and she did the same. Smoke filled and surrounded the cars as we accelerated off the highway onto a main road. She was slightly behind me and we were only a minute from the beach. She caught up and I carefully went slower without her noticing. No doubt she cranked her wheel and passed me. Seconds later we both pulled onto the sand and I  watched with a smile on my face as she quickly got out of her car.

She jumped and twirled in a circle with her arms up cheering herself. Her dark brown hair flowed in the wind and her dress lifted showing off her perfect and strong thighs. I opened my door and Bear immediately ran at her feet. She pet her and ran to me. She was barefoot as her feet sunk into the sand with each step. She stopped once she reached my door and dropped herself in my lap with her face an inch away from mine. "You owe me." She whispered.

I wrapped my arm around her waist just as I did the night I met her. She twitched just like she did the night I met her. I looked down at her lips and smirked. "You owe me as well." I reminded her of the money I gave her. Her feet hung out of the car  with Bear laying down in front of us, as she pulled back and leaned against my wheel. "You're beautiful, doc." I admitted to her. "What am I supposed to do with that information?" She slanted her eyes at me. "What do you do when someone tells you you're beautiful?" I asked. "I Ignore them." She smiled softly looking down and tracing my tattoos with her nails, "Though I have my flaws, I always knew I was beautiful. Deep down that is." Beautiful. Smart. Fast in all ways possible. Perfect. Sitting on my lap was perfection and I've done nothing to appreciate that. I could kiss her but I'd just look desperate.

Oh wait. I am desperate.

I pulled her in and kissed her like I was hungry. Like I've never felt a woman's touch before. Not a woman like this. She didn't kiss me back until I put my hands on her hips and sat her on my lap properly with both her legs at my side. She put her hands on my shoulders and hovered above me, never breaking the kiss. I wanted my hands all over her. I wanted to be inside her. I wanted her. It wasn't just about sex though. Every time I think about her it was beyond sex. She was stronger than she knew and I wanted to show her that.

She sat her weight on me and moved her hands from my shoulders to my face. She held me close as she slowed down the kiss and bit my lip while slowly pulling away. She rested her forehead on mine and I looked into those pretty eyes. "This isn't right." She said to me, "You flipped my world upside down and I kissed you both." My eyes widened at 'both.' I'm not sure why I felt a pit in my stomach. Of course Reid got to her first. I acted like I was in high-school with a crush and couldn't open my mouth. It's like every nice thing that came out my mouth when I was around her got stripped away.

Her hands never left my face, I didn't want her too. "Can I ask you a question?" She pulled away from my forehead. "What did you mean by you won't be in the country?" My eyes looked at the dashboard and noticed we had been sitting here for an hour. I looked over to Bear and she was fast asleep in the sand. Her car was still running and so was mine. My hands still on her waist and her hands holding my face to look at her. "I'm thinking about moving to Germany forever. Though I'm just going on business for the next few days." Concern changed her face. " Why are you leaving?" I thought about my answer. I really did but I didn't have a true reason. "Fresh start? I have nothing keeping me here anymore."

We let go of each other and she looked around. She looked at every detail around us while I looked at her. Any man would call me a fool for the situation I put myself in but I wouldn't pull myself out. Before I knew it I was back in her grasp as she kissed me again, this time she slipped her tongue in my mouth. Her kiss was wet and sloppy. She pushed herself up against me and slid her hands down to my chest. I moved my hand into her hair pulling her closer. Yet again she slowed down and pulled away leaving behind several soft and small kisses.

She looked into my eyes, almost as if she was sad. My hands dropped down her back as I looked down into her lap.

"Maybe you have someone keeping you here."