Chapter 19 | The Emotion In The Eyes

You know what was worse then dying on a O

You know what was worse then dying on a O.R. Table under the hands of the surgeon you trusted? The sun being your enemy. What right did the sun have over me, to have the audacity to wake me up. It's ugly compared to how soft the moon was.

I rolled to the other side of my bed stretching as I reach for my phone and unplugged it. My thick red velvet curtains were trying to hide the suns light but it didn't work. I sat up placing my head on the headboard and taking a deep breath as I fixed the covers on me. I opened my phone to several miscalls, unread messages and the time set at 4:50 p.m.

I jump out of bed realizing that I was late for work and probably had others worried as I'm someone who always answers their phone. "You really Could've woken me up early." I said opening my curtains and taking back my words to the sun.

I quickly got undressed from the shorts I was wearing and got in the shower with my phone in hand, as I called Jocelyn back. "Francesca are you okay?" Her voice was full of concern as I propped  my phone up and started washing my hair in the hot water. "I know, I over slept but I'm on my way right now."

"There's no need to come now I have everything under control unless you have patients to check on." I took a minute and as I was thinking out my cards I got distracted by a simple notification.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss you last night" my mind went to places it shouldn't have. "Francesca?" My mind pull away from Reid's messages as I heard Jocelyn's voice. "I'll be at the hospital and we can head to my moms together." I told her as the notification left my screen and I was left with Jocelyn's name on it.

"Okay I'll see you soon enough." And with that she hung up. I finished my shower and got out as I tied my wet hair into a low bun. I dried myself off and walked into my closet. I wouldn't need my scrubs today so I get to have fun with what I wore.

Something I learned as a kid was when your told not to do something, it only makes the urge to want to do even worse. I learned that when my father told me that I should never wear short dresses or skin tight dresses. Dresses in general. But I seemed to have found a love for dresses, and that's what was on my mind today.

My eyes fell upon a long, thin and olive green dress that was low cut at the top. I quickly pulled the dress over my head and slipped on my favorite pair of black platform heels. I grabbed my phone and keys and put my white doctors coat on before heading downstairs whilst turning off all the lights.

Before leaving I made sure to grab Mickys CT scans, planning on leaving them in my office. As I got in my car and started driving I couldn't help but think to myself.

So what if he missed me, a lot of guys do. I was keeping my distance from this one. Every three years we meet up to sign a contract and that's it, nothing special. I hadn't seen them since the wedding and their hospital visit which was a coincidence and Italy is huge so I can keep my distance as I did.