How can you not say happy birthday?

***

Roa's face became contemplative.

"What should I do? Jae-won seems to have been hurt a lot."

The other team members who heard the story from Kyu-hyung were in a similar situation.

"We didn't say congratulations on purpose for a surprise party..."

Siwoo, who was putting candles on the cake, also gave up what he was doing and started mending.

"Isn't it even more upsetting because we don't know it's his birthday? Is that why he cried?"

"I guess we poured oil on the kid who is already upset."

At Siwoo's words, Roa lowered his head.

It was Roa who first suggested how to make Jaewon's birthday party a surprise.

It was because of the idea that he wanted to give something new pleasure to Jaewon, who was dying due to personal problems.

However, as things progressed like this, Loa was also about to die.

Then Hanjun intervened.

"Youngest guy, he's not like that."

And he made it simple.

"He's not that petty."

It seems that even Hanjun knows that although he is the youngest and acts 4th-dimensional and immature, he is full of heart.

"First of all, we need to find Jaewon."

Roa asked with a serious face at Hanjun's words.

"He said he went outside. How do we find him?"

That was the problem. The sun has already set and it is dark, and the outside is extremely busy due to the nature of the neighborhood.

Everyone is very worried about where and how to find the youngest.

"I'll come find him."

I just watched the children from behind, but now it seems it's my turn to step out.

"So everyone, do your usual preparations."

After finding a hat and putting it on my head, I looked back as I left the practice room.

"If possible, set a table. Let's eat braised short ribs here too."

All three children nodded at the same time.

***

It is not difficult to find human signs.

If that person is someone you normally know, things are a lot easier.

I went outside and quietly activated my magic.

Then I pulled out a thread of memory from my body.

A thread of memory that shimmers with blue light. It would be completely invisible to the ordinary human eye. I blew the thread of that memory into the sky and quietly gave an order to the mana that gathered around me.

"Find him."

At my word, the quiet mana changed its form and began to move dynamically.

"The kids in this neighborhood listen well, too."

I smiled softly and followed the flow of mana. In an alley about two blocks away from the company, I found Jaewon.

Jaewon was sitting curled up in a dark place where not even the light of the streetlights could shine.