Who else if not him?

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

"No! Stand down!" Visenya ordered.

"Mother, listen to me." She begged.

"He said he'd bend the knee. He doesn't agree with Aegon the usurper sitting on the throne."

Rhaenyra turned to Aemond. "Is that true, brother?"

Never once had they said anything to each other.

Two siblings who had never directly interacted with each other.

Aemond was gonna say something along the lines of 'I said I'd bend the knee to Visenya, not to you.' but Visenya reached for his hand and squeezed it.

The male sighed before nodding, "Yes, you are the rightful heir to the throne."

I should sit on the throne. Visenya by my side. Together we'd rule. He thought.

"And how do I know you're not gonna betray me?" The Queen asked.

"Because if I betray you, I betray Visenya and if I betray her, I betray myself."

What is he doing? Is he trying to get himself ki-

"I love your daughter and I'd do anything for her. I'd kill for her, I'd die for her."

"Have you slept with her?" Daemon asked.

Everyone turned to look at the young man waiting for an answer.

"No." It was a firm no.

Daemon hummed.

"Good.... Kill him!" He ordered the Queensguard.

They took a few steps forward stopping in fear as Vhagar and Anterros roared at them.

Aemond's arm wrapped around Visenya's waist.

Visenya held the one hand out in a 'stop' motion as the other went to hold Aemond's.

This action made Jace furious.

"Why him, Visenya? Why him? Why do you love him?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just do."

Her response caused Daemon to scoff.

"He's your uncle." He said.

This time it was Visenya's turn to talk.

"That didn't stop you, did it, father?"

Daemon smirked.

"We'll keep him locked in a room untill we interrogate him." Rhaenyra said before turning to Aemond. "You're on thin ice, brother. Be careful."

Aemond nodded.

✰✰✰

Visenya had managed to sneak past the guards, into the dungeons where Aemond was.