Heads will Roll

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Visenya's pov:

Halaena and I were soon separated. She went to stand next to her family and I, to mine.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark." Otto Hightower's voice boomed through the big room, as he stood infront of the Iron Throne.

"As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." He continued before sitting on the throne.

"The crown will now hear the petitions."

I looked at the greens side to see Aegon, Alicent, Helaena and Aemond.

Aegon looks like he got kicked by a horse, my nose scrunched up in disgust when he looked at me and smirked.

Freaking predator.

"Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon, first of his name." Otto said.

The Velaryon walked to the front of the room.

"My Queen. My Lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria." He continued,

"For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas."

He talks a lot.

I looked over to see Aemond already looking at me. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that, that was the thirteen year old boy I once called best friend.

The audacity he had to talk about Baela and Rhaena's dead mother. He lost an eye because of that.

What annoys me is how I don't know what's going through his mind, he probably thinks I betrayed him.

I came back to reality.

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys' closest kin, his own blood."

Why is he still talking, I rolled my eyes.

This caused Aemond to smirk, though I wasn't looking at him.

"The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins."

"As it does in my children, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon." My mother cut him off. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightfult heir."

"No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition-"

Alicent interrupted her, "You wilk have your chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to he heard.

The Velaryon man turned to look at us,

"What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognize it."