'𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭'

❄︎

It was the end of of the year, the air was cold and damp. Little visenya, only 10 months old when her little brother Lucerys, or Lulu as she liked to call him, was born.

Ser Vaemond and Ser Harwin sat next to eachother, silence filled the air. Both silently waiting for Ser Laenor and the Princess Rhaenyra to walk in the room holding little Luke.

A few months ago Ser Harwin had put two and two together. It was no secret that Ser Laenor was not interested in women.

Rhaenyra trusted him not to tell anyone about Vaemond. Considering their relationship, no one doubted that he would utter a word.

Ser Vaemond and Ser Harwin were good friends. Harwin knew that there was nothing between the Velaryon and the princess.

☾︎

The princess walked in and both men stood up almost immediately.

Bowing their heads before relaxing.

'King Viserys said that he has my eyes' Laenor said, looking at his cousin with a hint of jest in his tone and a smile.

Vaemond snorted 'That is as far as looks go.'

Princess Rhaenyra smiled at Ser Harwin,
'Would you like to hold him, Ser Harwin?' she asked the man.

He nodded and extended his arms out for the child.

he looked at the babe with love and adoration his eyes.

Ser Laenor and Ser Vaemond exchanged looks, both understanding that they should be alone. The Velaryons quickly excused themselves but a few seconds later they came back in.

'May we take Jace and Visenya for a walk' Laenor asked his wife.

Rhaenyra looked past his shoulder to see the older Velaryon looking at her with a look of plead in his eyes.

She nodded. The men took the children and bid the two goodbye before leaving in a hurry.

☾︎

'This ,Vi, is the sword I use to win every battle. Valyrian steel, the finest. ' Vaemond whispered quietly so that only she could hear.

But Laenor heard him and smiled sadly at his cousin. The younger Velaryon loved Vaemond like if he was his own brother.

They would often send letters to eachother when Vaemond was on his trips.

Visenya had not one but three dads, counting Ser Harwin. But Laenor knew that Vaemond was her true father.

So it saddened him deeply knowing that the next time Visenya would see her true father, she would not know him as her father but as Laenor's cousin.

Hours felt like minute.

It was getting late and Laenor knew that his wife would yell at him if he kept the kids out any longer.

'It is time.' Laenor said, not daring to look at his best friend. Instead, staring at Jace as he ran around and played by himself.

Vaemond did not want to leave, but he had to. He would often accompany his uncle, Corlys, on his adventures.

'It was nice seeing you again, cousin.' Vaemond smiled sadly.

'Indeed it was, brother.' The younger man sighed, embracing his cousin from the side careful not to crush Visenya,

'Jace, it is time to go inside.'

The child ran back to his 'father'.

'Goodbye, my little seahorse. The next time we see eachother, I will be nothing more than a distant uncle.' He said to the baby in his arms.

Tears forming in his eyes, which he refused to let go.

His father would often scold him and tell him something along the lines of

'Men do not cry' and 'Crying is a way of showing weakness, are you weak, boy?'

They did not get along well, which is why he moved in with his cousin when he was 15.

'I love you, Visenya' he said handing her to Laenor. He bent down, patting the brown haired boy on the head. 'Take care of your sister, lad. Be strong and brave.'

'Goodbye, brother' The older Velaryon said, watching as Laenor took Jace's hand.

'I'll see you soon.' Laenor responded.

Vaemond watched as his cousin walked in the direction of the castle, his heart ached.

He watched them until he could no longer see the two children and Laenor.

A tear slowly slid along his left cheek, which he quickly wiped.

He sniffled and slowly headed towards the docks, where his boat awaited him.

'Until we meet again, my little seahorse.' he whispered silently, praying to the gods that he would be able to hold his daughter again.

✰✰✰

𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐈

𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❤︎

- Cleo