Art Lies Within

Today I decided to start off this chapter a little differently. I wanted this to be completely from my point of view because I had learned something this morning that has brought me back to continue writing again after a pretty long break. What I found out was simple, but yet it was a profound thing for me to think about.

Art lies within. That is what I found out. It probably doesn't seem like much, but for me it is something very important to know to help keep me going.

How I came to think those three words is pretty accidental. I have a bag that says Art Supplies on it. I happened to look at my bag in a way that it said art lies. I remembered thinking art doesn't lie, the artist can, but art speaks of truth. Then I thought where does art lie? Where does art reside? Within.

For some reason that was such a compelling thought. Art lies within. Something that made every piece of art no matter what kind musical, written, or the traditional ways of seeing art is that those pieces could be created because they came from within. They had a starting point. A place where it kindled and burned until the soul whispered into the mind to tell it "this work must be created."

That provoked me. It made me feel like I had something valuable enough to say again. It seduced me into writing again. Writing is my art. It is what lies within me. It is my unique identifier in the world. It is something that only I can share in the way that I feel is right. It is part of who I am.

I had stopped writing because I felt as though I wasn't writing as me anymore. Now, now I feel the pull again. Now that I have in words what I have always felt I can write again. I can feel like myself again.

*****

Love what makes you unique, Hold fast to who you are, and never give up on what is right.

Thank you all for reading it means a lot that you enjoy my writing!

I love you all!

-ilovexica