Chapter 31: An Old Promise

Start from the beginning

His arms are wrapped around my neck, and there's sincerity laced in his voice, "I'd say I'm sad, but honestly, not being at school is great." I suppose that being a Year 12 has its perks. I pull myself away from his body, "I hate you." He knows that I don't mean it. I just want to whine at how unfair it is. My blonde-haired boyfriend is looking at me with a smug look on his face. I wanna kiss it off of him. Before I can act on my idea, Nick lifts me and brings me into his house while saying, "come on, let's go do nothing."

Doing nothing is our specialty. Quality time is definitely a shared love language of ours.

____________________________________

Laying on my side as I stroke Nellie, I allow Nick to have some peace and quiet as he sits at his beanbag, doing something on his laptop. Out of nowhere, Nellie jumps onto my stomach, causing me to erupt into laughter as she licks my face. She's insanely adorable! Honestly, Nick should be jealous and worried. Nellie is making a pretty convincing argument to ditch him for her.

____________________________________

(Nick's POV)

Looking up from my computer, I lovingly smiled at the sight of Char and Nellie enjoying each other's company. Hearts were sitting in my eyes, swelling, filled with color.

(Charlie's POV)

The moment that Nellie had stopped pinning me to the ground, and smothering me in wet kisses, I got up and walked over to my boyfriend. Nick had been staring at me, and he didn't even hide it. I plop down beside him, Nellie of course following my lead by standing near me, her tongue cutely hanging out of her mouth. A shade of pink flushes Nick's cheeks as I happily lay my head on his shoulder, a knee of mine touching his as my left hand lightly grips his arm. I feel at peace and safe.