01

"If I befriend you all, are you sure that we will be friends forever? That nothing can break that friendship apart?" An eight-year-old Kamila Aldaney anxiously blurted. Another eight-year-old, Isaac Renzford, frowned upon hearing her question.

"Why? Do you think I'll ever let that happen to the four of us?" Isaac held Kamila's hand and made her eyes intertwined with them three. "You guys are my only friends, you know? I'll never let anything break our bond apart. I promise that I will do everything to keep our friendship strong!"

Because of what Isaac said, Kamila smiled brightly when it reached the sky. She never thought that a day would come when creatures would want to befriend her.

"Sure! I will be your friend! Come to me when you are feeling down. My parents said that I am good at removing the negative mood. That will be my promise to all of you!"

"For me, you guys can always ask me if you are having a difficult time at school or maybe a simple problem. I promise that I will respond to your questions. Because I am the smartest in my class. Dad also said that I'm a great logical thinker at such a young age. Oh, and you can also borrow my books." Nine-year-old Shira Barrymore can't believe her ears at what the 11-year-old stated. Mikael Vladimir is that smart? How? Based on his face, he is the type of boy who would skip classes and rather sleep than study.

"Well if somebody tries to bully you, tell me who they are and I'll show them that they messed with the wrong creatures. I will keep you all from the enemy. Promise." Shira broadcasted with a big and wide smile that is painted on her face.

"There, we all promised to each other just like what Kamila wanted. And the Tree of Millennia witnessed and heard it all." Isaac announced. "We will always be four, no more, no less. Four or no more."

~×~

10 years later after the previous part

"So what are you telling me, Isaac?!" His girlfriend Darlene asked him, yelling at the top of her lungs. "Are you serious that you are going to pick your friends more than me?"

"How many times do I have to tell you?! They are my damn family!" Isaac yelled back. His blood boiling at the words his girl said to him. "And you choose that fucking asshole more than your boyfriend!"

"I never choose him! It was my Dad and Elyse who chose him for me!" Isaac scoffed at what she said.

"You could have fought for me!"

"You could have fought for me too! Especially to that old hag Lucia! You know that she always tells you to get away from me. You should have left her when you can. She is just the one who saved you back then, nothing more."

"You've crossed the line there." Mikael, who is sitting at a high tree branch, snapped at his best friend's lover. "Your tiny brain knows that she became our family when our own was gone. Guess you didn't know that because yours is still alive."

"Oh, the heartbroken boy is here." Said Darlene while crossing her arms. "And what family? You guys aren't even blood-related! Isaac's parents and brother were long gone. You know what, why don't you just stay quiet?" She sighed as her eyes rolled. "You should have been killed during the Blo-"

"Don't you dare fucking say that to them!" Isaac didn't let Darlene finish speaking when he immediately grabbed her cheeks using his hand. "Our family is not based on blood, but on our love and care for each other. You should be thankful that your Dad is still alive. You can even change his mind about your marriage."

"Isaac. You are hurting me."

"You will really be hurt because you don't want to and you want to, we are gone." He gently released Darlene from his grip and began to leave in front of Darlene.