I shrugged.

"If that's what you want to do, then it's fine."

Link's face brightened as he smiled, and I turned away, my cheeks burning.

"I think I know a few good spots. Will you be okay if we leave you here resting?"

"I'll be fine."

Link nodded, before taking off.

"It's always his stomach first," I mumbled.

Zelda giggled as she stood from the bed, giving me a soft smile.

"We'll be back soon," she said.

I nodded, and she turned out to follow Link. They both faded from view, and I laid back down.

"Why not go with them?"

"You made me sick. And what if I don't want to?"

"We all know you want more time with him. Is that why you're stalling?"

"I'm stalling, because I don't want to go through with your plan. I don't want a part in it."

"It's a bit late for that, don't you think?"

I rolled my eyes, twiddling with my thumbs.

"How much does he know?"

"I don't know. I only see what you can. If you're asleep, we can't see anything."

"So you're unaware of what happens around me?"

"Correct."

I closed my eyes, trying to let my thoughts scatter. I couldn't try to make a plan to get out of this without them finding out.

"And he made it this way so there's no way around getting out of this."

"Mhm. You can only drag it out for so long. His plan will succeed this time. He's been planning for so long now."

"Why are you so loyal to him? He's a monster."

"He didn't use to be, y'know. By the time I met him, I idolized him as if he were my own god. Of course, he had the power of one, although it was limited compared to the Goddesses. From what the others told me, he wasn't always so hateful. But the goddess Hylia ruined things for him. She could have left him to rule over the surface as he pleased. But she didn't."

"So... even back then, he was still evil and creating chaos?"

The voice grew quiet, and I rolled my eyes.

"You all should know by now that good will win in the end. Evil can't last forever. There's always someone fighting against it."

"You can say the same for the good. Evil will always fight back, at any cost. He is proof of that, is he not?"

"Then why did you join him? Why did you choose his side?"

"My people mistreated me. We'd already been mistreated by the Hylians, but my people were just as bad. They all took what was rightfully mine from me. If only they hadn't chosen that princess over me. If only we hadn't had that prophecy of the hero and all. That damn beast."

"Beast?"

"The hero from my time... Oh."

"What?"

"I'm not allowed to say anymore."

"If I let you keep talking, you would've spilled everything, huh?"