Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

I blink "Oh, right—" I laugh nervously, thinking back to how my quirk decided to not work earlier with the Nomu "Actually.." My voice trails off once I see the excitement in his expression.

'It's worth a shot.. Right?' I internally question, silently kneeling down and placing my hand on the grass below— My eyes closing in concentration.

At first, nothing happens when I try to activate my quirk, a frustrated huff escaping my lips as I move my hands over the grass —Attempting to activate and see anything that could possibly help us,—

But nothing happens, all I'm left with is black and when I open my eyes— My brows furrow in irritation.

I glance up when a hand rests on my shoulder— My eyes meeting Kirishima's softened red ones as he crouches down to my level.

"Hey, it's okay (Y/n)." He assures and my chest feels heavy, the corners of my mouth twitching downwards in frustration "I don't know what's wrong.." I mutter out and he nods in understanding.

"It's okay," He repeats, dropping his hand from my shoulder clasp my own hand before gently tugging me back up to my feet.

"Come on, I think I hear some water over here," He states and I lightly nod, eyes averted downwards as he leads me forward.

We walk in silence, a new heaviness in the air as we pass through the forest— Ducking beneath a few branches before light breaks through the leaves ahead, easily pulling me from my thoughts.

A kukui lake.

Kirishima leads me through the bushes surrounding the body of water— The two of us stepping out into the open area of grass that rimmed the glowing lake.

The sky had darkened, letting the soft light from the water illuminate the area— A mix of blue and greens brushing along the trees surrounding the pond.

Just like the last one, it was breathtaking— My mind recalling that night I had truly met the red headed soldier and counting back on the large sum of time that had passed since then.

Who would've thought I'd betray a kingdom just to protect him? "You can go ahead and bathe, I'll wait over here until you're done." He states, slipping his hand from mine before gently judging me forward.

"What?" I blink in confusion, glancing back at the crimsons eyed man.

"You need to bathe more than I do." I deadpan, watching as his brows furrowed in both confusion and slight offense.

"First of all, ouch." He replies but before he could get on to the second part of his argument, I huff, grabbing his hand and tugging him forward a bit.

"I didn't mean it like that, I'm saying you need to bathe before those wounds get infected." I explain, letting go of his hand once we come to the edge of the pond.

"But.." His voice trails off, an unsure look crossing his features while his gaze flickered between both me and the lake.

I sigh, a deadpanned expression filling my face as I stare at the crimson soldier "We're both exhausted, Eijiro," I state "Do you really want to argue with me right now?" I question and he shrugs.

A nervous smile falls across his face when he sees me roll my eyes before turning away and trotting over to the opposite side of the pond.

"Fine, get in or not— But I'll be mad if your wounds get infected, Eijiro." I comment, his name sliding off my tongue easily as I start removing my attire.