"I want to ask a question" Tito said and furrowed his eyebrows.

I hate his pride and arrogance, he's not asking for permission to ask the question, he just has to be rude about everything, I'm disliking him more everyday but I don't understand why my heart just starts beating unusually fast when I'm around him.

"Go ahead" I smiled, a smile that didn't go beyond my lips and disappeared almost immediately as it came.

"Are they my kids?" Tito asked, staring at me.

I adjusted my glasses nervously, I was expecting that question from him.

"Of course not, why would you be the father of my kids, I  never met you before working for you, Boss and do you even know me?" I asked with the intention of confusing him.

"I don't know, I think we've met before but I can't remember where?" He said getting pissed off.

"Well boss, I've never met you in my life and I would never sleep with a man as indescent and turbulent as you" I ranted insultively.

"Well, I won't sleep with a ugly wretch like you either but why does the boy look like me? I saw him and saw myself when I was a child," Tito felled.

I had to think of a lie fast. I can't allow him to know that he's the father of my kids. I don't want a murderer as my children's father.

"Well, you are not the father of my children, they had a father but unfortunately he's dead" I muttered and faked a sad countenance.

"What?" Tito gasped.

I started drawing tears into my eyes, I faced him and nodded in positive.

"Yes, he died in a car accident, we dated for two years after my first break up, Fernandez was such a sweet man, he had beautiful honey eyes, he was just like an angel but then he died and I discovered that I was pregnant, we had so much wonderful plans" I explained and burst into fresh tears.

I can't believe I'm so good at acting, I think I should have gone for acting in school, I look so pathetic right now.

"Oh, that's awful," He commented.

I wiped my tears and faced him. "Yes it is, taking care of these kids wasn't easy at all and it's hard" I sniffed.

He sighed and brought out a pocket knife first, I nearly ran from his side but then he brought out a handkerchief and gave it to me.

"Thank you" I sniffed and collected it.

I blew my runny nose in it and giggled.

___

"Oh my world!" Laura screamed after I narrated everything to her.

She's my friend. I need her advice.

"He's the stranger I had sex with, but I think because of his flirty lifestyle he can't remember me," I sighed.

"You should tell him the truth" Laura repeated like she did earlier.

"Tito is dangerous, I don't want my kids to be in danger, I won't tell him anything" I opposed.

"I think he might take the kids away from me, I don't have the money for any court issues, I don't want to lose my kids" I said and sighed again..

"I will never tell him the truth, it's better if he believes a lie" I added and swept my hair backwards.

"Fiorella, do you feel anything for Enzo?" Laura asked suddenly.

I squinted at her.  "Feel what exactly" I inquired, confused.

"Do you love him?" She asked if she was angry about something.

"No, not exactly"

"Meaning you've got feelings for him" Laura fired.

"I like-"

"You shouldn't like him because I like him, I'm just making it clear to you. I don't want a nasty love triangle" Laura added.

I was stunned by her approach.

"You should stay away from him from now on, I liked Dante but he always had eyes for you but now I'm telling you to stay away from Enzo, you are my best friend, I am sure you won't want to hurt my feelings" Laura said teary eyed. "Promise that you will never be with Enzo or reciprocate his feelings" she urged and held my hands.

She just put me between a rock and a hard place, I never knew she liked Dante and now it's Enzo.

"I...can't promise anything," I said and she released my hands.

"Don't let our friendship end like this," She muttered.

"I am sorry, Laura but this is absurd, Enzo and I are friends, I can't just stay away from him" I said trying to make her reason with me. He's also my only hope in finding those whom killed my father.

"Fiorella, if you stay close to Enzo or love him back , you can consider me an enemy from now onwards!" Laura said, her eyes shooting daggers at me.