Chapter 2

"As said previously the need for new battle fronts is strongly needed, and advised, so we can secure back what we lost!" Sentinel droned on and on about how things should be done his way rather than how Ultra Magnus would have it.

You simply just sighed and rolled your optics behind him as you walked and followed him into his office. The big chinned mech walked over to his desk and reached to grab a datapad, but seemed displeased when it appeared to be the wrong one.

"Everything good sir?" You asked as you watched him begin to search his desk.

"I can't see my log pad, I left it on my desk when I got here and just needed to hand it into Cliffjumper" Sentinel rose from his crouch after checking his drawers and handed it to you while taking the rest.

"Take this down to Cliffjumper for me, I have other things to finish while I'm in here." You took the datapad after handing him the rest of yours and headed for the Intelligence Division.

~~~

Upon entering the area you walked swiftly and nodded to those who waved and walked past you. As you headed for Cliffjumpers desk he wasn't there, that was a little odd now wasn't it?

You looked around a moment before walking over to a passing group and stopped one to ask.

"Pardon me, sorry for the inconvenience, but do you happen to know where Cliffjumper went too?" You watched as the bot looked to the desk and around and to the few others he was with and murmured a few words before they looked back down to you.

"He went to talk with Longarm Prime, I'd check his office and if no luck there ask Longarm, he'll be sure to know." The bot pointed to a staircase the led up and then a door not to far from it that read the needed name.

"Alright, thank you!" You waved as the group continued on while you ascended the stairs.

As you came Ironhide left from the office and came to the stairs looking at you puzzled.

"Y/n what are you over here for? Not to cause trouble I would hope." He said with a chuckle as you turned around heading up the rest of the stairs and watched him walk down.

"Yeah yeah, I'll catch up with you on that at lunch before you know it!" You hollard and gained a laugh and a wave as he left. You went to turn around and ended up bumping into someone that made you stumble back and almost down the stairs of where you came from.

They cought you thankfully and moved you away from the stairs. You looked down a bit surprised from it before rubbing the back of your helm with a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry, didn't see you there for a second." You opened your optics but widened them as your cheeks flushed a bit embarrassed as they met Longarm Primes.

"It is alright, I thought you would have been aware and would have avoided me. Seems we were both wrong." He said with his mellow voice as ever.

"Yeah... Sorry sir. Oh, I was hoping you knew the where abouts of Cliffjumper? I have a log pad Sentinel Prime sent me to give to him.

You held out the data pad log before him as his servo raised to take it from you. You moved it away from his grab a bit as his optics moved to meet yours again. You could have sworn you seen a bit of annoyance on his face before he simply smiled apologetically.

"Sorry. Cliffjumper normally takes things then brings them to me when I am busy. Though I am not now I can take the log personally, especially if it's from Sentinel Prime." He explained and held his servo out rather than take the pad.

You simply looked at the log and wrote the access key on to it on the corner before placing it in his grip.

"Sorry, I wouldn't have reacted as I did if I had been told, normally Sentinel just has me run errands without explaining some things, sir." You explained stepped away as you headed back down the stairs.

Longarm simply chuckled to himself as he watched you leave and held the datapad close to him.

"Oh and y/n?" He called making you pause halfway down to look back at him.

"Do please be sure that this is all, having vital information floating around can be rather unsafe." The blue mech called before he waved and headed back to his office without another thing.

You nodded as you heard his words and continued on your way back to the Elite Guard ward from which you came from.

On the way you had met up with Ironhide again and made a bit of conversation to pass the time as you walked the halls and rooms. By the time of your leave from Ironhides side you could hear Sentinels annoyed voice ringing from around a corner room.

"Magnus with all due respect are you sure that would be safe? I mean we've had him working the same position for a bit now, wouldn't be dangerous to call him back and send in a new bot?" As you came to the room you seen Sentinel talking with Ultra Magnus while Jazz and Preceptor stood with in the conversation and Sorrowglide to the side from them.

You entered silently and took your spot next to him with a silent greeting on both your parts and went back to watching and listening.

"But sir! How do we even know he's ready? Let alone if Optimus's group finds him it'll ruin our cover!" The mech was silenced afterwards with a wave of Ultra Magnus's servo before he turned to you and had his gaze land on Sorrowglide.

"Sorrowglide, are you ready to be placed into the intel field and gather what you can about what's going on on Earth?" Magnus asked making you pause as your helm slowly turned to look at Sorrowglide as he nodded.

"Then you know that when the other spy returns you will take your leave." You looked at your three superiors then Sorrowglide before punching him in the arm with the result of him flinching.

"I thought you taking extra classes was odd, but now I know why you damn liar." Watching this Jazz chuckled, Sentinel growled irritated, and Magnus smiled.

"All did was ask and I said more classes you didn't ask for specifics. Plus I wouldn't have been able to tell you anyway, top secret till now."

"Well aren't you a little sneaky bot." You poked his side making him sigh and smile while placing a servo on your shoulder.

"Your concern is nice y/n, I'll be okay and plus I'm sure you'll love catching up with the old blue speedster of our group." You stopped as he said it and widened your optics before cracking and excited smile and looking over to the three superiors.

"Blurr?! Primus now it makes sense! Why he hasn't spoken to us for so long and why we haven't seen him!!" Your spark pounded a bit quicker in your chassis at the thought and closed your optics as you thought back a few good memories with Blurr.

"Seems your buddy buddy with Mr. Talks a lot then." Sentinel said while he rolled his optics.

"For sure! Met him and Sorrowglide in a park when I was littler and we were friends since. Been a long time since I saw him last, but when he returns I hope that can be flipped around." You chuckled and looked to Magnus as he was leaving.

"Then by Blurrs arrival, y/n you can escort him around the building to where he needs and afterwards, it can be left up to the two of you." Just when you thought you couldn't smile and wider you did. Assigned to escort Blurr, it's like a dream.

You punched the air after he had left with excitement rather than screaming. Finally, after so long of not seeing your speeding buddy, he's coming home and you'll be able to hang out once again and maybe, settle your racing score between you both.