Ch. 9: New Friends Once Again

After shopping a little, Gwen and Luz walked out, with her hooded outfit covering her ears.

"Oh, I have to pick something up." Gwen said, "Why don't you go walk around and familiarize yourself with the place?"

"Really? Are you sure that's a good idea?" Luz asked her.

"Of course I do. I'm positive you know the way back to the house. And if your help...." Gwen said before making a spell circle and summoning a small bat creature. "This bat can lead you to me."

"Oh, you're so cute." Luz said.

The bat liked the compliment and fly on to Luz's shoulder, nuzzling her cheek.

"Oh, I like you." Luz said.

"I'm glad. As I said, if you need help, just follow him to me." Gwen said as Luz turned to walk away.

"I promise Gwen, I will." Luz said with a nod.

"So, do you have a name?" Luz asked, only getting squeaks in response, "I wish you were part of the Panthera Genus, I could understand you then... I'll call you Batty, what about that?"

Batty squeaked at Luz, flapping his wings and nuzzling her again to show that he liked it.

"I'll take that as a yes. Come in little guy, let's explore a bit." Luz said before she left to familiarize herself with the market place, "Kind of reminds me of the farmers market back home, just a little... different." Luz said, seeing actual limbs on some of the stalls, "Worse part is those actually look appealing."

Luz licked her lips and let out a small growl, the predator inside of her craving some raw and unique meat. Even after she had breakfast at the house. She was so focused she didn't realize she ran into someone.

"Ooof!" Luz and the girl let out, nearly falling to the ground.

"Oh! Sorry about that." The someone said to Luz.

"It's my fault." Luz said, "I wasn't looking where I was going."

The other girl helped Luz up and noticed something.

"You're... human?"

Luz realized her hood came down and quickly put it back on.

"I don't believe it, a human in the Boiling Isles." The girl said, "How did you get here, is there more of you, is it true that you're related to that beast that's been reported?"

"Keep it down, I don't want anyone knowing about me." Luz said, "And what do you mean the beast that's been reported?"

"They say there's some black cat creature stalking the woods, they say it came from the Human Realm." The girl said, "Oh, I never introduced myself, I'm Willow. Willow Park."

"Oh, I'm Luz Noceda." Luz said as she shook hands with Willow. "As for the beast, you could say we're related. We both come from earth or as you know it, the human realm."

"This is amazing." Willow said, "I never thought I would see a human before. I have this friend you HAVE to meet."

"Really?" Luz asked.

"Oh yeah, he's practically a fanatic and self-made expert." Willow said with a smile, "Come on, I can show you to him!"

Willow held a hand out to Luz, smiling brightly as Luz returned the smile. Her instincts said that she could trust her, so she did.

"Lead the way." Luz said as she took Willow's hand, "Come on, Batty."

Batty squeaked as Willow lead them through the market, heading to a random stand where her friend was waiting.

"Augustus, I have a surprise for you." Willow said.

A short boy with dark skin and somewhat fluffy hair turned to Willow and saw Luz with her.

"Hey, Willow. Who's your friend?" He asked.

"This is Luz, and she's... human." Willow whispered.

Hearing this, Gus gasped louder before turning to Luz with wide eyes.

"A-A genuine human?" He said lowly.

"Yeah, I am." Luz said as she moved her hood to show her ears while keeping it on. "Nice to meet you, Gus."

"A human nickname? This is the best day ever!"

Luz and Willow chuckled at how excited Gus got just from a nickname.

"Willow said you had some questions to ask?" Luz asked him.

"LITERALLY hundreds." Gus said as he got in Luz's face.

"Whoa! Okay, a little personal space, Gus. I promise, I'll answer as many as I can." Luz said as she pushed Gus away a bit.

"Are you related to the creature that's been stalking the woods?" He asked.

Luz tried to come up with a good lie.

"We only come from the same planet, there's no connection between humans and large predatory cats." Luz said to him.

"Uh huh, okay." Gus said as he pulled out a pencil and notepad, writing this down.

'Wow, he bought that.' Luz thought surprised.

"Okay, next question, do humans have gills to breath underwater?" Gus asked her.

"Uh..." Luz didn't know how to answer this, because technically a few do.

'This is going to be harder than I thought.' Luz thought, wanting to keep spirit animals from Gus and Willow until she could fully trust them.

Amity and Lilith were a rush job, she wanted to take her time with this one.

"No, humans don't have gills... honestly, though, that would be cool." Luz said.

"Aw man." Gus said as he wrote that down.

"Maybe you could show Luz some of the human items you have and she can tell you what they are." Willow suggested.

"That's a great idea!" Gus said.

"Uh, maybe later, I... have to go back to the person taking care of me." Luz said.

"Already? Awww!" Gus said sadly.

"Oh, okay. Well, maybe we see each other again as friends." Willow said with a smile.

"I... I would like that." Luz said, "Bye! Alright, lead the way, Batty."