Ch. 7: Vicious Predator

At the dinner table, they all sat down to eat, with Amity looking at Luz, interested in the new creature. She had heard rumors that humans had rounds ears and couldn't do magic like witches, she wondered if they were ever true. Maybe this could be her chance.

"Um, Luz was it?" Amity asked from across the table.

"Yes, that's it. Do you need anything, Amity?" Luz asked politely.

"I was just wondering... could... could I see your ears?" Amity asked.

Luz thought it was weird, but it was far better than some requests she's received. She moved her hair out of the way and showed Amity an ear. Just the rumors, Luz's ear was round, and they were also pierced just like hers.

"Wow, I've never seen round ears before." Amity said.

"Yes, they're more.....cute than I imagined." Lilith said, mentally adding this to the "small and helpless" image she constructed for Luz.

"I'm not as cute as you think." Luz said as she put her hair back over her ear, "I'm vicious."

"Yes... like a kitten." Lilith said.

Gwen couldn't help but cover a chuckle with a cough, Lilith didn't know how close she was.

"Sorry, it's just a bit dry." Gwen said, trying to make her cough seem normal, "Anyway, let's dig in. Luz, I feel like you'll enjoy this, it's a very delicious type of bird just north of this place."

"Oooh, sounds delicious. What is it called?" Luz asked with a smile.

"It's called a Giant Hen." Gwen said, taking the cover off the giant bird.

Luz looked at the size of the cooked bird, it was bigger than three ostriches.

"Fitting name." Luz said.

"We know and when seasoned just right, it is the most delicious bird you've ever eaten. So much that you can't help but get a second or third helping." Dell said with a nod.

"Well, then now I REALLY have to try it." Luz said as she kicked her lips, eyeing it like a predator.

"We know, which is why we fully expect you to eat it quickly." Gwen said.

"Quickly?" Lilith asked.

"Quickly." Gwen and Dell said before Gwen used her magic to give everyone a portion of the Giant Hen, with Luz receiving a large portion than everyone else.

"Dinner is served." Gwen said with a smile.

Luz immediately embraced her inner predator, devouring the meat like it was nothing. Amity and Lilith looked at her in shock.

"Are all humans like that?" Amity asked.

"No... only a specific type." Luz said.

"Specific type?" Amity asked, a little confused yet interested.

"Could you be more specific?" Lilith asked, also interested.

"There are people in the Human World that prefer eating plants over meat, as you can see... I'm not one of them." Luz said.

"Really? We have people like that here too." Lilith said.

'Yeah, but they are FAR from being the same as mine.' Luz thought.

"So, Luz." Gwen said, "Since you'll be here for the foreseeable future, I've decided that, in a few weeks, we'll be signing you up for school."

Lilith stifled a laugh, but only a little bit, enough came out that she caught everyone's attention.