Ch. 8: New Clothes

The next day, Luz and Gwen walked through the market, with Luz putting her hood up to avoid looks. She still got look due to how torn her clothes were but not as much as she would've for being shown to be human.

"Alright, we're coming up on a shop." Gwen said, "The owner and I are childhood friends."

Oh, so does that mean we get a discount?" Luz joked but just to hide her nervousness.

"Well, that too but it's mostly to see a good friend. You'll like them." Gwen said as she patted Luz on the back.

They walked in and Luz saw a store filled with all kinds of outfits. It was just like a costume shop on Halloween but without masks and scary decoration.

"Why don't you pick out what you think looks good while I go see my friend?" Gwen asked Luz.

"Okay." Luz said, walking around the store.

She reached out and grabbed a jacket, it was black just like her fur. Some people thought black was for goths or that it was slimming but Luz just liked it because it was simple and beautiful just like her spirit animal.

"Yep, I'm definitely going black." Luz said, "Try and wear my Spirit Animal without changing."

Luz put the jacket in her arm as she continued looking for clothes, mostly ones that reminded her of the black panther. She found one outfit, a very dark purple pair of jeans, shirt, black fingerless gloves, black boots, a black belt, and a black cowl with a red jewel that lays on the chest.

 She found one outfit, a very dark purple pair of jeans, shirt, black fingerless gloves, black boots, a black belt, and a black cowl with a red jewel that lays on the chest

"Perfect." Luz said, looking at herself over in the mirror.

"Definitely getting this one." Luz said, "Wonder what other outfits I'll find."

Quickly changing out of the outfit she found and keeping it with her, Luz continued looking for outfits as Gwen came back from her talk.

"Luz, I think I found something for you." Gwen said, holding a black dress, "What do you think?"

"I like it, but it feels like it's missing something." Luz said, before noticing fishnet gloves, "These!"

Gwen looked at the dress and the gloves before nodding in agreement.

"Perfect!" Gwen said with a smiled, "And maybe these shoes can go with it."

Gwen picked up black shoes. Luz smiled brightly as she nodded to the shoes, loving the combination and imagining herself in it.