Chapter 39: Fake news. Real news

Start from the beginning

The room is not going quiet. Jimin's mom makes it seem like Jimin is not sitting here pouting. His dad just rubs on his shoulder once in a few minutes as a way to help him calm down. Jungkook's parents also discuss the food while Jungkook is another person in the room who's not eating.

Jimin didn't even plan to come today for their dinner anymore ever since he saw the news this morning. Being in the same room as Jungkook is the last thing he'd want right now. He was ready to just go back to his apartment, but his mom reached out to him, promising that they would talk.

It's not about the news that Jimin came for. It's about the business collaboration people in his office have been talking about. That makes Jimin curious all day long. And angry because one surprising news arrived this morning itself, and another news is on the way to be clarified.

The business collab is not on the news yet, but people kept asking him about it since it's his mom's company that's taking part in this collaboration. It's embarrassing to have no clue about it. It's the worst to hear it with someone else before his own family.

"Well, are we ready to talk now?" Jungkook's dad asks as the elders finish their desserts.

"Yes, let's finally talk." Jungkook's mom glances at her husband before glancing at Jimin's mom.

"Ok, I'm listening." Jimin crosses his arms, glancing at the parents. "And not about marriage. I want to hear about business collaboration."

"Ok, so about business collaboration. Our Ploy magazine will be joining Tradi, Uee's fashion brand. It's not quite the collaboration. We're creating a new brand that we'd work on together." Jimin's mom explains. "It will be an online platform, mostly. Basically, an online magazine. Our magazine now is about many things. Architecture, fashion and lifestyle. We'd keep the content as they are, but we're planning to elevate our platform."

"Why? I like it much better when it's printed offline. Isn't it the best to be unique with printing when among the screen? Isn't that what makes us unique?"

"Jimin, the world is completely changing, and we see the opportunity to elevate our brand and platform. Uee and Lee co-op think our content is a good asset to build something bigger, and I think it's time to actually change. We can still keep the printing part along the way. That's our essence for the longest, but it's time to change, Jimin." Park Yuna mentions.

"Ok. I guess I understand that. What happened to not getting into business together in friendship?"

"I know we have been all about that. Jeon and Park are never about business, but with the situation we're in, friendship is the thing for us to back each other up. It happens." Jimin's father explains. "Your mother is doing her best, and it's painful for her the most to make a change with her company. You know how it's her baby, right?"

"Mhm, I know." Jimin looks at his mother. Can't help but place his hand onto his mother's. Jimin presses his lips into a line. "What does it have to do with Lee co-op?" He asks, glancing at Jungkook.

"They own many successful apps. They love our content, and they really want to work with us. We think it's a good idea if our direction is an online platform." Uee explains. "And with my knowledge in fashion, we're going to help each other to make the brand so much stronger."

"What exactly would it be? I'm confused." Jimin frowns.

"Ok, so it would be a brand that creates a community of people to consume our contents online. It's pretty late, but we're going to use all the social media platforms like Tiktok, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We'd share our content through them. We'd work more with influential people for PR." Jungkook's dad explains. "By contents, I mean the same thing the magazine is having, but the details are going to be discussed later.