7

It was finally the end of phase 1 and now the remaining contestants are in front of two peculiar examiners.
A petite lady with an interesting style of hair and a large hungry looking man behind her.
The two introduce themselves as Menchi and Buhara.

"Cooking...are you serious?"
One contestant heckled after Menchi announced the test with a proud look on her face.
"We are here to take the hunter exam. Why would we even have to cook?"
He continued.

She stood from her seat, keeping her smile.
"Because we are Gourmet Hunters!!"

Her statement made not only the one heckler burst into laughter but a majority joined.
The group of four looked around at the laughing figures with confusion.
"If I were them I wouldn't be complaining."
Leorio said.
"After phase 1, I'd consider this as a break."

"I don't know if you want to underestimate this test, Leorio."
Gon tilted his head to face the taller man.
"There could be a twist!"

"I'd have to agree with him here. We never know what the examiners have in store for us."
Kurapika nodded in agreement.

"Or maybe you guys are overthinking."
He chuckled.

Menchi's smile quickly morphed into an irritated scowl watching her contestants disrespect her and her passion.
"Buhara." She looked at the man behind her.

Buhara rose from his sitting position and stared down at the group of contestants immediately shutting them up.
His grin reached from ear to ear.
“Your next test is to serve us pork! You may use the pigs in Visca Forest known as the Great Stamp.”

“Those are known to be one of the most ferocious pigs in the world!”
Gon whispered to his white-haired friend with interest.
“You know a lot about random things, Gon.”
Killua smiled.
“Ahh don’t think of me so highly.” The black-haired boy rubbed the back of his head.

Because Chrollo is a huge bookworm, he has stolen a large amount of literature of all categories. He would even steal things for Gon when he was younger like comics and educational books. The boy would read alongside Chrollo who would teach him various things. All of Gon's knowledge about certain plants, animals, or anything really is all thanks to the Phantom Troupe.

As the competitors made their way to the woods, they began splitting up to look for their ingredients.
Our main quad still remains together.
“Is this supposed to be the big twist you were talking about? Doesn’t seem too bad.”
Leorio snickered as he looked in between bushes. 

“Well, we never know. It’s only the beginning.” Gon replied as he walked further from the group.
He remembered from one of the books that the Great Stamp tends to be in a group at most times.

He walked further away, Killua following from a distance, and made notice of any sign of wildlife. With his heightened sight, this wouldn't be too difficult.
There was nothing coming up so far until he tripped on a root and began tumbling down a small hill.He heard Killua from afar calling out his name.

He rubbed his head and raised himself from the ground, dusting the thorns and leaves sticking to his clothes.
He raised his head up and made eye contact with a large pig.
It seemed very angry.

"It's all alone. Perfect!"
Gon smiled.
The pig huffed at Gon and prepared itself to charge.
Gon took notice and took position.
"I shouldn't go too overboard, it's just a pig."
His fist surrounded in his nen, enhancing the punch that will kill the animal in an instant.
.
.
Killua ran to the direction of where he saw his friend fall.
He looked downwards and saw the familiar figure.
He smiled and was about to call his name until he stopped, noticing the pig ready to charge Gon.
He seemed prepared though.

"He should be able to take it right?"
Killua mumbled, hiding behind a bush.

He watches in suspense as he sees Gon give a wide smile to the animal.
The pig charges with a squeal and Gon too charged at it with a war cry.

Gon moved to the side of the pig with immense speed and swung a powerful punch to its gut.

"He moved before I could blink. Is he really that fast?..and that punch.."
Killua watched in shock.

The pig was instantly killed and Gon raised it over his head and cheered in victory.

Killua came out of the bush and made his way downhill where Gon was.
"Gon! I saw you fall. Are you okay?"

"Killua! Look at the big meal I got myself!"

"That's really impressive. Sucks, we can't eat it for ourselves."
He shrugged.

"Oh yeah…I can always sneak a bite."
Gon winked.

"Say, where can I get me one of those?"
Killua pointed at the pig.
"Oh well I believe that the herd must be near! Follow me I think it's over these bushes.

The two had a little adventure hunting for the herd of pigs and even joking about feeling like cavemen looking for their next meal.

"Hey Gon, where did you come from?"
Killua tilted his head but still keeping an eye on his surroundings.

"Uhh, just a small little…town. Why do you ask?"
Gon looked at him innocently.

"I was just wondering really. You're really fast. I wonder what else you could do."
Killua shrugged his shoulders, keeping his hands in his pockets.

"Haha do you have high expectations for me?"
The black haired boy laughed.

"I wouldn't say that. I'm just excited to hang out with you more."
Killua mumbled, looking away from him.

Gon grinned at his friend. He began to think that maybe he should take this exam more seriously if it means sticking with Killua. Maybe he can tell the Troupe all about his new friend.
He wonders what they would think.

"Hey Gon, look!"
Killua snapped Gon out of his thoughts and pointed at the group of Stamps.
The pigs' ears perked up and turned to where they heard Killua's voice.

They were all facing the two boys and noticed the corpse of their fellow pig friend.
They were enraged.

"Uhhhh Gon, we better start running."
Killua noticed their furious looks.

"I guess they didn't like me holding their dead friend here hehe.."
Gon sweated.
.
.
.
.
____________
Heyyy author here sorry it's been so long to finally get a chapter up😭
But I'm back
I hope you guys are having a great day

Happy new year!