6

"Gon, we should get closer to Satotz"

It was a while since they started running, but they don't know how far they could've gone because of the thick fog surrounding the group. As of right now, it was going smoothly for the boys.

"So that we don't lose track of him? Yeah, I think that's a good idea." Gon pondered.

"That too, but what I'm referring is to the people behind us. Hisoka and that group. Something smells off about him." Killua corrected.

"Smell? I don't think he smells. He kind of has the aroma of bubblegum with a hint of strawberry or like cotton candy. You can tell he likes sweets."

Killua gave Gon an odd look but shook off the thought, not wanting to know how he would know. He could just have a very powerful sense of smell.

"Yeah.....well c'mon." Killua said, picking up the pace with Gon following.

"Do you see Kurapika and Leorio around us?"

Gon ran faster to keep up.

Killua shook his head, making the boy turn his head and seeing the head of Leorio.

"Ah! There they are!"

"They'll catch up, Gon. Let's just hope that Hisoka doesn't get to them first." Killua snickered.

Gon turned back ahead of him and thought about what Killua said.

'Oh shoot! He's got a point. What if Hisoka actually gets to them. Especially Kurapika.'

Gon turned his head to check one more time, but saw nothing. Not even a sight of a silhouette through the fog. The group disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"Wha-what!? How are they gone that fast?!"

"Gon it's thick fog. Of course we're going to lose track of people. Now c'mon, I'm losing sight of Satotz." Killua grabbed Gon's hand and led him to where he hoped would be the right path.
They kept running forward, almost getting caught in a trap from one of the creatures near them but luckily Killua kept Tonpa's poisoned drink, and ignoring any obstacles that led their way.

"Look! I see a tall gate. I think that's the finish!" Killua announced, still leading the other boy.

Gon swiftly removes his hand away from Killua's, which makes Killua stop and look back to face the boy.

"You go on ahead, I'm going to find the others."

"Gon you can't be serious. They'll find their way ba-"

Gon turned and ran the other direction, leaving his friend behind, not letting him finish his sentence.

He kept running while looking around until he smelled an aroma of bubblegum with a hint of blood.

"Yup that's the clown alright." He mumbled, heading to where the source is.

As the scent gets stronger, he starts to see silhouettes getting closer. One figure fighting a taller one while another lies on the floor.

"Hisoka!"

The two stopped and turned their head to see Gon not far from them.

"Gon get out of here!" Kurapika shouted.

"No, I don't think I will." Gon replied while walking closer to them.

"Ah My fruit! What brings you here?" Hisoka smiles.

Gon gave a quick glance to Leorio's unconscious body then back at the magician. "Leave them alone."

"Awww what a hero~" The jester bent down to reach the boy's height in a playful way.

Gon swung punches at the magician but everytime he would disappear in an instant leaving dust.

"Gahh I hate it when you do that! You know how punchable your face is?"

Kurapika hesitated to help but bent over to where Leorio was to check on him.
Gon continued to swing punches ferociously over and over until he was stopped.
Stopped from Hisoka lifting him up by the neck. The little Spider struggled by the strong grasp, kicking his legs frantically. He was strong but not as strong as Hisoka. That's why he is slightly afraid.
Gon tried to insult him but struggled, only spitting grumbles and chokes. Hisoka smiled at the boy's state, giggling. "That face~"

Gon felt disgusted and tried to pry the pale hands away from his neck desperately.

'Phinks should've taught me how to get away from this situation.' He thought.

"Get away from him!" Kurapika ran towards the two, ready to swing his weapon towards Hisoka. The jester smiled again and dropped the boy while dodging the attack.

Gon landed on the grassy floor in a coughing fit. Kurapika stood in front of the boy, blocking him from the magician.

Hisoka only responded with more giggling. "Don't worry don't worry~ You pass"

He walked towards where Leorio's unconscious body was, picking him up and carrying on his shoulder. "Your friend here also passed as well."

Kurapika softened his stance knowing that the situation died down.

"You know the way back?" Hisoka glared at Gon.

The boy nodded back, resulting in the tall man to smile and walk away into the thick fog with his friend. "Good boy"

"Gon are you okay?" Kurapika turned to a smaller boy.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. I should've seen it coming."

"He must have been playing examiner, saying that we passed. What a creep. But thank you Gon for helping"

"Um yeah and thank you too for helping get out of his grasp! That was a sticky situation."
Gon giggled to himself, laughing about the pun he made that only he would get. He didn't think the Kurta had the idea of nen at this time.

"Anytime. Now we should find our way to the finish before time runs out. You said you knew the way right? Even with this fog, it would be difficult."

"That's no problem! I have a strong sense of smell and Leorio really had an overpowering amount of cologne."

Gon got up from the grassy terrain and walked towards the scent with Kurapika following.

"You really handled that situation well, Gon. Do you know him? He called you 'his fruit."

"All I can say is to not get on his bad side. We only know each other for business."

"Business? What is it that you do?"

'Shoot! I said too much. What do I even say? This is the last Kurta for crying out loud! I can't just say, Oh yeah my family are responsible for your trauma, how do I even?!'
Gon felt like he was sweating bullets trying to come up with a believable excuse. But Gon being how he is, he said the first thing that popped into his head.

"Circus!"

"Circus?"

"Y-yeah! I'm in a group and we all have different abilities! It's embarrassing right hehe..."

"There is no need to be embarrassed, Gon. But that does explain Hisoka's sense of style. Do you perform?"

"Occasionally. Depending on how the leader is."

"Of course. I'm sorry if you didn't want to share it with me. I could tell you were hesitant about telling."

"Was I really? Sorry, it's just that people seem surprised that I know Hisoka like that."

"I hope you aren't treated like how he did back there in your group."

"O-of course not! It's just fun and games, that's all haha..."

The two of them got closer to the finish, seeing silhouettes and a tall gate.

"Hey! I was hoping you'd make it." Killua shouted, waving over at the two of them.

Gon grinned and ran quickly to be by his friend's side.

'Now I have to keep the circus act up. That's so embarrassing..."