Chapter Twelve - Girls vs. Boys? What is this? A reality TV show?

“Are you ready?” Jack chuckled, looking back and forth between Kaylah and Tim, who were now standing opposite to each other pressed to the walls.

“This is what they do in your house?” I gaped, I thought he only had one younger sister.

“Yup! Oh and by the way, it’s safe so don’t worry about that.” Jack smiled trying to hold back a laugh, I felt like he was keeping something from me and all I could do was frown. What could he be keeping?

“And… Now!” Jack screamed. I closed my eyes and waited for the sound of an impact between Kaylah and Tim, when I heard nothing I slowly opened my eyes. I looked at Tim and Kaylah each standing on one leg, holding the other as high as they could; grabbing their foot with their hand.

"What?" My voice sounded disappointed, I guess I was expecting a zumo wrestling fight or something. I didn't understand what was going on right then.

"The first one to lose their balance loses.'" Jack smiled at me and chuckled at my sad face.

"So no violence?" Even to me that sounded incredibly wrong, and I was the one that wanted it.

Jack laughed and ruffled my hair. "Do you really think my sister and I wrestle? What if I hurt her or someting? This is way harder." He answered matter-of-factly, i giggled and thought about it. No I didn't think he'd be that mean a brother, he's a nice guy.

"But they'll never lose! They're holding onto the wall for God's sakes!" I whined and pulled on Jack's arm. I was being a baby I know but, this was way boring!

"They can only grab the wall the first minute, after that they have to let go." Jack glowed and I noticed I was still holding his arm quite tightly. I blushed furiously as I let go quickly, not because I noticed his muscles or anything, because I find it embarrassing to be caught holding his arm. Even if he was the only one who noticed and it wasn't like he was protesting much.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"That's my alarm for you to LET GO!" Jack turned to Kaylah and Tim, as he shouted he startled them both and they stumbled. Neither one fell but when their hands separated from the wall, I noticed they were slightly less stable. Suddenly Kaylah sneezed, stumbled, and fell. Tim burst out laughing and fell too, though he quickly recovered and stood up, walking towards Kaylah and holding out his hand.

"Pleasure competing with you, miss." He winked at her and helped her up. She smoothed down her hair and glared before letting her gaze fall.

"Fine, we can watch whatever you want." She grumbled and crossed her arms. She doesn't really take well to losing... Or not being in control for a few minutes...

Tim smiled widely and waved Jack over to the DVD racks, they whispered excitedly before coming up with a movie. "Transformers." I should have known.

One of the many facts I know about Tim is that he likes Megan Fox, he used to say he was in love with her but now he's over that phase.

One of the few things I know about Jack is that he LOVES cars. He's obsessed with them and wishes to someday work with them; or something like that... He told me the whole story, but I got bored halfway through. Besides it was over 2 years ago, I shouldn't be expected to remember.

Kaylah sat down on the sofa dejectedly crossing her arms, every guy usually did what she wanted, but it didn't seem like Tim was going to be that way and I admired him even more for that. I sat down too, leaving enough space between me and Kaylah so I didn't have to sit alone next to Jack; or maybe I did that because I didn't want to find out who Tim would choose if we made him decide between me and Kaylah.

Tim sat down between me and Kaylah and put both his arms behind us smirking.

"Hell yeah! Now this is what I'm talking 'bout!" He said in a really deep voice, nodding his head like a chicken.

Kaylah rolled her eyes and pushed Tim away with a giggle. I just shook my head and got out from under Tim's arm and whacked it with a smile on my face. I couldn't believe he had hugged me like that! It was the most perfect hug ever, fitting under his arm was the easiest thing ever! We're just so meant to be together!

I was smiling like an idiot when I turned and saw Jack's face, he looked kind of sad. I cocked my head in a 'what's wrong' kind of way and he just shook his head, smiling a bit forcedly and turning away. I rolled my eyes, staring at him. His brownish hair was messily styled into spikes, a few sticking out in odd angles. His straight nose is kind of big on his face, yet you can barely notice because his big light brown eyes take up most of the attention when you look at his face. I noticed how he sprawled all over the couch, his long limbs not fitting on the couch along with the rest of us. I guess he's tall...

I turned to the TV and quickly got bored with the movie. I turned around to see what was going on with Tim and Kaylah and saw their hands intertwined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so yeah, this chapter's kinda short :P but if you comment and vote I'll post the next one right up :) it's already written sooo :) just comment and vote and tell me if you like it so I can post the next one!