Chapter 19: Bad move!

Começar do início

His frown worsened and he glared at me, I ignored his glare and continued eating.

Just then I saw his wounded hand, I remembered when he continued punching the ceiling just to save me. "I'm sorry you got injured because of me and thank you for saving me" I smiled at him.

"Wipe that smile off your face, I didn't save you, I did it for my reputation, I don't want any death news going around in my company, my company is known for its good name and I won't allow you to taint it, is that understood?" He responded emotionlessly.

I feel hurt by his words, I don't know why but I hate him more now, he's so selfish.

I pouted my lips and stared my plate, I didn't have the appetite for food anymore, he had just ruined it. I dropped my spoon and faced him. He was busy playing with his beard. I propped my hand on my chin and got lost staring at him.

I can't help drooling and feel my heart palpitating already. I shouldn't be staring at him like this, he's my boss,. I was trying to come out of my reverie when he splashed cold water on my face, I gasped in shock.

That got some of the employees in the cafeteria laughing. I felt so embarrassed and couldn't look at him anymore.

"Look at me like that again and you will regret it" He said sternly.

I suddenly felt like crying, I stood up and rushed out of there. I looked around and I couldn't find Enzo  anymore.

"Is he angry at me?" I asked sadly.

___

After work in the office, I reached home and freshened up. The twins aren't at home, they are in Mamma's tie and dye shop.

I came out of the bathroom and looked at Enzo's jacket lying on the bed.

"He forgot his jacket with me" I muttered and pouted.

A knock came on the door and went to open the door. My face lit up when I saw him.

"Guardian angel" I smiled and hugged him.

I don't know why I always have the urge to suddenly hug him, I pulled away before he could hug me back.

"I'm sorry" I apologised.

"It's fine, I can to check up on you" Enzo said with a smile.

"Come in" I said and he walked in.

I took him to the couch and he sat down, I sat beside him.

"Were you angry?" I inquired about making a sorry face.

"No, I would never be angry at you, I just hated what that guy did but then I realised he's the boss and-"

"Why do you work in the company as a cleaner?" I couldn't help asking because it's a strange job for and investigator.

I gave him a suspicious look after asking.

"Actually, I'm an undercover investigator, I'm there to investigate everything happening there, there is something suspicious about that company and we think it's just a cover up for dirty dealings" Enzo replies.

"Dirty dealings, hmm" I hummed.

"You don't worry, I will keep your secret, we are friends anyways" I smiled brightly.

"I want to be more than your friend," He muttered, smiling.

"What?"

The door suddenly flung open and it was the twins and Mamma.

"Mamma welcome" I uttered.  Noelle ran to hug me.

"How are you?" I smiled and kissed her hair.

"Noello, how have you been?" I asked him but his eyes were on Enzo glaring at him, it's not just any glare but a deadly glare.

"What are you doing here?" He asked coldly.

Enzo felt a bit uncomfortable and stared at me.

"E-rm, you have such a thick voice for your age" Enzo replied, averting the question.

"That's not what I asked"

"Enough kids, go inside, take a bath and change your clothes, grandma would prepare some tasty butter cookies for you," Signora Ginvera intervened.

"Do you want anything sir?" Noelle asked and he smiled.

"Yes, a glass of water," Enzo replied.

"Let me get it for you" Noello surprisingly offered and left the sitting room.

"Did Noello just volunteer to do that?" I asked in shock.

Noello is cold, arrogant authoritative, name to describe an arrogant person, he's just a kid but acts like an adult.

Noello came back with a glass of water and gave it to Enzo.

"Thank you" Enzo appreciated, equally surprised by his gesture.

Enzo drank from the water and Noelle burst into laughter.

"Noelle, are you alright?"

"That water you are drinking is from the toilet " She chuckled.

"What!!!"