𝓪𝓾. hogwarts/marauders era

lip gallagher x gryffindor student (Eileen Potter)summary: in which lip Gallagher hated eileen potter

summary: in which lip Gallagher hated eileen potter

Part one of three

Characters Years/Hogwarts Houses: 

Gryffindor:
Fiona (7th Year)
Ian (5th Year) 
Eileen (6th Year)

Slytherins:
Carl (1st Year)
V (7th Year)
Mickey (6th Year)
Mandy (6th Year)
Jimmy/Steve (7th Year referred to as Jimmy)

Hufflepuff:
Debbie (2nd Year) 
Kev (7th Year)

Ravenclaw:
Lip (6th Year)

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Eileen Potter's the female counterpart of her twin brother, James, sharing an uncanny resemblance. The only discernible differences between the two were her role as a Gryffindor seeker, while James excelled as a chaser and the fact that James wore glasses, while Eileen did not.
And of course, their genders also set them apart.

The bond between the two was unbreakable. Rarely was one found without the other, and the same held true for their three close-knit circle of friends; Remus, Sirius and Peter, who in turn were always by the twin's side. Together, they formed the unmistakable group the Marauders, each carrying their own unique nickname – Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and Copper.

Another similarity that the twins shared, Eileen also found herself locked in a bitter rivalry with an individual from another house. Lip Gallagher.
This animosity sprouted three years ago during their third year when Eileen surpassed Lip as the top student in Care of Magical Creatures. Lip didn't particularly care for the subject, he only chose it because his friend Mandy did. But despite the lack of interest in the subject, he really couldn't bare the thought of not being the top of the class, let alone someone else claiming the title of smartest.
Eileen, though inherently empathetic like Remus (Eileen's Sirius) couldn't deny the satisfaction she felt when witnessing Lip's annoyance. From that way forward, a fierce competition brewed between the two of them.
However, there was a difference between her rivalry with Lip, and James' rivalry with Snape, an arrogant Slytherin boy in their year. Their feud was mutual in a way that Lip and Eileen's was not.

James and Snape hated each other. That was mutual. The two of them jinxed each other. Mutual. Name-calling? Mutual. They got on like oil and water, they just don't mix.

On the other hand, Eileen didn't hate Lip. She didn't like him, but she didn't hate him. Eileen harboured no genuine hatred towards Lip; rather, she took amusement in witnessing his genuine anger provoked by her simple witty remarks and sarcastic comments. It was no question that Lip hated her however.