Part Four

"Fortune favors the informed,"

                The term Energetic refers to a person with the ability to use the energy present in everything. They have the ability to absorb the energy from people, animals, and areas. They can bent that energy and reuse it for other things. Many stones are made by the application of energy focused for a specific purpose. Stones, this means, are concentrated energy. They are not literal stones one finds in ones garden. People who are Energetics are often ostracized from the non-Energetic population. Energetics are humans, only with special abilities. They could be mutants, but no one has ever found a biological difference in humans with the ability from those without the ability. There are Energetics that have relatives that are not. That being stated, it has never been recorded that an Energetic be born of the mating of two non-Energetics. The oldest Energetics have been dubbed 'Christis'.

A Christis is an Energetic that has lived for more than a century. The name refers to people who have been granted the Crystal Heart. A Crystal Heart prevents the barer from dying. Known, or so suspected, cases include Lightning Rose, Maxim, and David Black. The prevailing legend is that a creature gives a hero the Crystal Heart on their death bed. The creature has never been identified but there are three common interpretations of the story. The creature is an unidentified Pragmata that has qualities yet discerned. The result is the benefit of a specific circumstance having to do with an aged Maccsept Stone and a powerful Energetic. Or angels are involved.... There is no evidence for either over another. Crystal Hearts are literally hearts that appear to be crystal. There has never been extensive study on the subject as the Court disallows such things, but in the case of Lightning Rose there are journals in abundance that give testament. On the subject of when the hearts are given there are works and text that evidence the death of all three afore mentioned Christis multiple times. Also there has never been submitted, as evidence, a particular proven birth date for anyone with the title of Christis. 

                "Pragmata" is the Greek word for "thing". The word is used to describe any creature born on the Moonlit side of the Barrier. This includes variety of dragon, all the birds of the clouds and land etc.

                The Barrier is the name given to the link between the two realms commonly accessible to humans. That is not to say that other realms do not exist out there. This is recorded evidence of energy spikes that are not affected by music. Not all energy that pools together becomes a Barrier, but it is the most common known conclusion to an influx in energy. In December of 1998 a spick of energy was recorded, but the location or occasion was never mentioned. A Barrier location was not submitted to public file either. The elevators are a different entity all together. Most text say just about the same thing on the subject in fact: The elevators are as old as the Court and no one knows who made them. They work with a combination of physical energy and energy from the stones used in its making. Barriers are activated by a melody unique to the individual Barrier—one melody might not active two separate Barriers. Many different methods can be used in activating a Barrier but the most common is through the music produced from a piano. Debussy's works are common Keys. The term "Key" refers to the specific melody that activates a particular Barrier. Other common instruments used are the flute, saxophone, harp, and violin. There are people who live their lives studying Barriers and Keys. They are called the Fylakes, shortened to Fy in most circles.

                The Fy are usually young men. There are whole communities dedicated to the rearing of children with the knack of moving across the Barriers. Children who belong to these communities oft are given to them to be trained in the skill. This particular art is one of the hardest to grasp in the Moonlit world, though only one of the very many occupations.