33. The time I felt insurmountably Empowered

Start from the beginning

"Please quiet your mind, take a deep breath, look me in the eyes, and be still while you listen. Be open to receiving what I say..." as he searches my face, tears fill my eyes. "I love you," he wolfishly smiles for the first time since arriving in his den. "With all that I am, I am caught up in every beat of your heart, every blink of your eye, every breath you take. I love you truly, deeply, and profoundly. Only you, all of you, and only you."

In a sheepish smile, I confess: "And it was your smile... your spellbinding smile that robbed my lungs of breath, my spine of gravity. For the first time in my life, I don't remember what time was like without you. How your perception and acceptance of me leaves me fulfilled and empowered in a way that makes me feel invincible, Silas." I begin to sob, so overwhelmed with emotion. "I love you, all of you, and only you."

I'm gently lifted in his arms as he carries me into the hot spring pool beside the makeshift bed with animal pelts. Silas's den is not large, but it is warm with the natural spring's steam and fire he started when I began to shiver, not from his touch. The cavern is high up in the mountain range's snow-covered peaks that run through his territory. It's beautiful, and as the snow drifted outside, our moans grew, groaning intensified, and grunting and body rubbing was taken to a new level. It was more than carnal fucking—it's unexplainable.

He's attentive the best way he can, given his animalistic side of nature. At times he's been rough, and I've had to scold him to understand – I'm not as resilient as he may think. Regardless, he's left me raw. Beyond raw. I need him to knot me to curve his vitality, but he's tenacious, and I'm too fucking stubborn to throw in the towel – like I'd have a choice. Still, I want a bun in the oven before dawn, and from the looks of it, it's on the brisk of happening—referring to both.

He steps down into the water, emerging us slowly. The whimper and my stiffening have him halting and watching me carefully. Not wanting to seem weak, I move to kiss his lips, masking my discomfort while adjusting to the warmth of the water, which stings the sensitive womanly openings and markings on my body.

After a long moment, the feel of the water soothes my body. Silas brings us completely under before shooting up and smoothing my hair back off my face as I do the same with him. The smile we share is almost innocent, but it's not. His eyes continue to dance across my features before he growls, and the shimmer of blue swirls within his molten beauties appear. With ease, he shifts us to a natural stone bench, where he sits and spreads my legs to straddle his lap. Being wide open has a flutter of bubbles caressing my overly stimulated pearl, making me purr with delight. Again, Silas's eyes watch my every move with the hungriest look to date.

Scooting closer on his lap, I plant my shins firming on either side of his muscular thighs and lift to wrap my tired arms around his neck, cradling his head before bringing my nose to his. The growl of appreciation has me smiling before my body quacks as a typhoon of shivers follows when his arms and hands help themselves to my exceedingly sensitive flesh.

Slowly and gently, I place my mouth to his, teasing his bottom lip with the tip of my tongue. The vibrating howl rumbles through both of us before the slide of his fingers runs up my spine, setting it on fire only to tangle my roots into a tight grip. He's waiting for me to continue. To lead for the first time tonight. The realization that this wolf – this mighty Alpha – is giving me the reins is all too empowering and tempting. Angling my face, the twitch of his lips follows before the spicy tongue tango follows – only it's slower than before. There is no urgency or fight for dominance—just slide, twist, suck, and moan—a beautiful, elegant dance between two lovers.

"Take it slow," the command is cast against my cheek when I lift to impale my sex onto his throbbing, thick shaft. "I know what you want, Jane." My eyes shift to find a mixture of knowing amusement splashed in his bright silver eyes. "And it's not about to..." He throws his head back as I slide my excruciatingly tight and tender sex over his cock, angling to take him to his root. He howls with delight as his canines bare before he laughs with pleasure. "Naughty girl." His grip tightens in my hair as my chest heaves while I adjust to his girth for the umpteenth time tonight. With all the fucking, you'd think I'd be stretched by now, but nope. Each and every time, my body has to adapt to his breadth.