32. The time I lost all Control

Silas

Like a forest fire, my body heats to an all-new high as I fly through the fields jumping effortlessly over the lifeless beings. Breaking through the treeline of the woodlands where I watched Jane pull away only hours ago, her scent is becoming incredibly potent, along with Dante's, while Baen's is fading out. Over and under fallen tree trunks, the atmosphere blurs all around me from the speed propelling me to get to my mate.

The spotting of her Jaguar left running with the driver-side door torn from its hinges, and seat belt ripped to shreds has me shaking with anger. Thinking the worse has my wolf howling an excruciating sound. Many return my call before the sun slithers behind me, forming a surge of animalistic desire I've yet to experience to wash over me. My wolf shutters from the sensation—ripping himself from the last iota of restraint I have. 'Mate.' the messages pass through my thoughts as we push forward.

My nose twitches with many merged scents. From freshly spilled plasma to pheromones so compelling and alluring my wolf howls with excitement—as it's Jane's heavenly scent. The stain of blood smears the forested floor as I forge closer to the scent and trepidation that permeates the atmosphere. Many fought here and recently. The remnants of Baen are evident as I slow my pace, sniffing what appears to be left of his torso.

"No! Please!" Jane! Tearing toward her screams, I come up to the little gathering of wolves and howl an angry, possessive sound that does nothing. They have her corralled as she shakes with fear. Her scent is incredibly vibrant and mouth-watering as my canines bare before I'm charging and making my claim. Gripping the hind leg of the first mutt, I clamp down, pulling him back and snapping it off before he can even react. The whimper he emanates has me smirking and fastening my jaw around his throat before ripping through it as if it were paper.

I spot Dante as he comes bolting out from the trees, shifting to human form, only to scoop Jane up and running deeper into the bush. Fuck! My indignation is fierce as I waste no time taking out the others as they charge after my brother and mate. One by one, I tear through them like a Mac truck, not slowing my strides. Snapping their necks and not caring that I'm likely taking out the innocent. They are hazed and want what is rightfully mine. Mine alone.

The Swinish Spawning is in full swing as howls of pleasure rip through the air around me, and flesh-on-flesh sounds echo in the dim lighting—screams of joy and torment. Paws pounding forest floors and scents of pure, unadulterated sex ripple everywhere... urging me more and more to participate—but my tastes are singular, and my wolf is after one thing, one thing only.

Fighting the organic impulse of my kin, of our tradition, I continue on until I come to the edge of a river that I know very well. I find Jane huddled into herself as Dante slices through the last of the threatening wolves. Shifting into my human form, my wolf refuses to step back. He's done fucking around and has no more control when it comes to Jane. He's craved her for too long, and with my constant patience, he's not about to submit anytime soon.

"Leave." The command is brash as Dante turns. Fuck! His sliver eyes shine with challenge. His wolf is out and ready to play.

"We can share..."

"Leave." Calm down. It's not Dante. It's the haze—the Swinish Spawning affecting him. He would never cross that line. Never. I try to rationalize as my wolf growls, a menacing sound that has my brother smirking.

Meanwhile, Jane looks petrified. Look at our little one. She is terrified. The rumble of an acknowledgement has us moving forward as Dante grabs Jane causing her to yelp in surprise and whimper in pain.

"She smells so good, brother. Just a taste, and I'll—" is all he can get out before my wolf forges so quickly he has Dante by the throat, releasing Jane to the ground.