Falling Into The Void

Note: This story is considered a re-written concept of another story of mine that had a changed concept. So I hope you guys enjoy.

In the underwater city of Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob and Squidward were on their way to work towards the Krusty Krab.

SpongeBob SquarePantsV/A: Tom Kenny

V/A: Tom Kenny

Squidward TentaclesV/A: Rodger Bumpass

Squidward Tentacles
V/A: Rodger Bumpass

While SpongeBob enjoyed working there, Squidward disliked working, but he still kept his job at the Krusty Krab.

"Ah... working at the Krusty Krab is great as always, isn't it Squidward?" SpongeBob asks.

"If it means being paid minimum wage, then no?" Squidward responds.

As they continue walking towards the Krusty Krab, the ground suddenly shakes, startling SpongeBob and Squidward as it stops.

"Well that was a little odd." Squidward said.

"Yeah, must've been a minor earthquake." SpongeBob replies.

But then, cracks start to form on the ground as SpongeBob and Squidward were caught off-guard as the ground starts shaking.

"MAJOR EARTHQUAKE!"

The cracks start spreading out as they reach Squidward, but however, Squidward falls through the crack as the crack didn't strangely open.

"WAAAAAHHHHHH!"

SpongeBob becomes horrified as his neighbor fell through the crack.

"SQUIDWARD! Don't worry buddy, I'll save you!"

SpongeBob jumps into the crack that Squidward fell in as he starts falling into blackness, though SpongeBob was confused as to why he can still see himself.

"Hey, this is like sky-diving."

As SpongeBob continues falling through the darkness, he suddenly sees at appear to be coins hovering above him. Curious, SpongeBob moves to where the coins are as when they made contact with him, the coins disappeared, confusing him.

"Well at least I'm Mr. Krabs, he would freakout if coins were to disappear if he makes contact with him. Why haven't I seen Squidward yet?"

As SpongeBob continues falling, he suddenly hits the floor.

"OOF!"

SpongeBob slowly gets up as he dusts himself off.

"Only in skydiving, there's no soft ground to land on."

SpongeBob stands up as his vision became clearer. He was now in an area where it had worn mono-yellow wallpaper, old moist carpet, scattered electrical outlets, and inconsistently-placed fluorescent lighting. There was also loud buzzing noises that were coming from the fluorescent lights.

"Where am I? Am I in an office building. Doesn't matter, first things first, finding Squidward."

SpongeBob then begins to head off on his quest to find Squidward.

New Party Members:
SpongeBob SquarePants

Leave a comment/review on what you guys think so far.