Chapter 17(Final)

Start from the beginning

I look over at Byeol. She looks so happy. But why do I keep getting a bad feeling about this?

Melody POV

I don't know how long we have been dancing. On stage, you lose track of time. I'm not tired at all. I'm having so much fun!

The song ends and almost immediately, the next song plays. It's Byeol and Chaeun's routine.

It was Hyewon's idea to dance to Exo's Growl. She thought that the guys might like it.

This routine will end it.(The video)

Everyone cheers and claps for them. I look at the boys and they're doing the same. I walk closer to the guys and Hyewon and Tanya backstage.

"That was amazing!" Chanyeol says.

"Yeah, when did you guys practice that?" D.O asks.

"We always had that dance prepared. Even before all of this" I say.

"You girls did really well" Tao says.

"I was really impressed"Baekhyun says.

"Thanks" the 3 of us say.

The music slowly comes to an end and everyone gets louder.

"Maybe we all can go out to eat after this. I'm starving!" I say.

All of the sudden, the audience gasps. We run closer to the stage and see what was happening. My eyes widen when I see Byeol lying on the ground.

"BYEOL!!" Chanyeol shouts and runs on stage, as we all follow.

"What happened?" Daeyeol asks.

"I-I dunno. Just when the song ended, B-Byeol just collapsed" Chaeun says.

"We have to take her to the hospital!" Tanya says.

--

Hyewon POV

We all wait outside of the operating room. All of us. Tanya, Hyewon, exo, Daeyeol, and Mrs. and Mr. Park. We all sit and stand around, praying for Byeol's safety.

After a while, the doctor comes out. Mrs. Park runs to him and asks about Byeol. He just looks down.

"I'm sorry. We did all we could" he says. It felt like the entire world just froze. Did I hear correctly? Is my ears playing games with me?

Mrs. Park legs collapse. She starts to sob and screaming out for her precious daughter. Our precious Byeol.

We were told to wait in the lobby so the doctor can talk to Mrs. and Mr. Park.

"She lied. She said she was okay" Sehun suddenly says.

"I knew something bad was going to happen" Tanya says.

"Byeol!" Melody starts to cry. We all turn to look at her. She continues to cry. D.O walks over to her and comforts her.

Then we all start to cry.

"She never did anything wrong though!!" I scream.

"Byeol was a good girl!" Tanya screams.

"How could God be so cruel!" Melody asks.

"Byeol.... Why did you have to lie?!" Chaeun cries out.

--

Chaeun POV

It's been a year since Byeol's death. Today is her death anniversary. Even though it's only been a year. a lot has changed.

Daeyeol became a singer. I joined Black&White. Oh, and we all got boyfriends now. I'm dating Tao. Melody is dating D.O. Tanya is finally dating Baekhyun. After all their flirting, he finally had the guts to ask Tanya out.

Hyewon and Sehun aren't dating, but they do have a thing. I don't think they can date. They both know how Sehun and Byeol had a thing back then. I think they would feel guilty if they would date.

I moved in with Auntie and Uncle, who are both still the same, since my parents are overseas. We don't really talk about Byeol much in the house anymore. I think it would bring us more pain. But we try to all be a happy family.

Auntie and Uncle are both at work and since it's a weekend, I'm cleaning the house. I walk upstairs and stop in front of a certain room. Byeol's room.

No one has been in it in ages. I take a deep breath and open the door.

Everything still looks clean. Like, Byeol was here the entire time.

I walk inside and look around. Memories of us start to come back. I stop at her window. I open her desk drawers and stop in shock when I see a letter inside.

To my friends

I pick it up. I take out my phone and text Tanya.

Come over now. With everyone

Not long after, everyone arrived. We go into the basement.

"So what's up?" Sehun asks.

"This is Byeol's handwriting" I say showing them the letter.

"What?" Tanya sits up straight.

"To my friends. It means us. She must have known what was going to happen so she wrote a letter in advanced. We knew she lied to us. But we don't know why" I say.

"Let's read it" Melody says. I open the letter and start to read out loud.

"My dear friends. By the time you are all reading this, I am probably not here anymore. I'm sorry that I lied, saying that I was okay to dance. But you know, I love dancing. When the doctor said it was best for me not to do the fundraiser, I told him I was going to do it anyway. My wishes have already come true. Everyone was smiling and happy. Daeyeol oppa and Chanyeol oppa finally made up. That was when I knew that it was time.

Mother and father have already gotten a letter. I wrote them one and put it on their bed the day I left. I told to keep this a secret from everyone, the letter and why I did this on purpose.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm really happy for everyone. Don't forget that I am watching over you guys. I love you. And thank you for everything.

And Sehun oppa and Hyewon, I know you two have a thing. I knew it wasn't going to work out between Sehun and I. I knew he would suit Hyewon better. I knew that he would make her happy. I am already happy. So if you two are like each other still and aren't dating because of me, please just go out. Be happy. I am okay. I love you all. Whenever you look up at the night sky, think of me. -Byeol" I say. I look at everyone, who all have tears in their eyes.

"Byeol's name means star" Hyewon says.

"And now she is with the stars" Tanya says.

"We love you too" Melody says.

A/n: that is the end here. sorry it was really long and we haven't updated in so long! Cristi and Makay have so many finals and I just found out I had finals too so I have been studying a lot. hope you enjoyed.

-Admin Mik&Cristi-