prologue pt. i

Summer 1956

The sun always shone upon the hills of Camp Half-Blood; there was never a day where a droplet of rain fell upon the hills where the Camp resided. Now I know you must be wondering what a ridiculous name Camp Half-Blood is. However, it might surprise you to know that this was a place for many children who could not find a place in the real world, some stayed all year, and some stayed just for the summer. It really just depended on who your parent was. And once again, you must wonder why the children's heritage would influence the time they had to stay, well their parents weren't any mortals; in fact, they were Greek Gods, some of the minor ones, but most to be children of the Olympians, you might know some. Zeus, for one, once had many children, perhaps because he couldn't keep it in his pants. There were also children of Demeter, Athena, Hephaestus, and some more minor Gods like Hypnos, Hecate, Nemesis or Iris.

Chiron - the leader of Camp Half-Blood, along with Dionysus's assistance (more preferably known as Mr D), took care of the Camp and its campers. One more reluctantly than the other, perhaps not entirely willingly, but that's a minor detail. As usual, Chiron and Mr D sat at their table, eating meals with the rest of the campers. The day was like any other; in the morning, campers took care of the strawberry plantation, and then they took part in training, some even daring to go up against the climbing wall, which had a lava pit at the bottom. Lovely, I know.

Loud chatter ran upon the dining pavilion, each camper sitting at their dedicated table, depending on who their Godly parent was. They all allowed themselves to relax after a long day, singing was heard, and some of the children were throwing food at one another. The sun was slowly setting, leaving a golden tone that reflected upon everyone. Nobody had expected their day to become like any other. But I guess it fits the cliche.

The air got drastically thicker, harsh winds began blowing, and distant thunder could be heard, the sun now long hidden behind the clouds. Everyone looked around in worry; to ordinary people, it would seem like nothing, but everyone at the Camp who lived in a world filled with Godly beings knew this wasn't anything. Everybody, including Chiron and Mr D, began to look for the source of the change and their eyes settled on a bony woman slowly limping towards them.

To many, the woman was a horrifying sight; her flesh looked rotten, each bone visible as if she was starved. Her hair hid her face like a curtain, but you could see her eyes just beneath them, eyes that showed the biggest terrors one could imagine. A few of the younger campers shrieked in fear and hugged their older sibling. However, the rest only let out gasps, as most of them haven't seen the woman before. The Oracle was a woman who spoke the prophecies of Apollo. Many had not seen her unless they were deemed to go on a quest. Older campers tensed and readied themselves for what was to come, wondering why the Oracle had left the attic. She never left it.

Chiron and Mr D stood to their feet - well, Chiron to his hooves - and awaited what the Oracle had to say. Chiron felt anxious about what was to come, whilst Mr D was annoyed primarily; however, if one would close enough, they would see the slight worry in his eyes. Quests and prophecies given out by the Oracle were never important enough for her to leave the attic she resided in. This caused them to lead up to one assumption; this Prophecy could endanger their lives.

The Oracle slowly opened her mouth as green mist flew began flowing out of her mouth, settling upon the grass. The voice that came out of her was unruly and hoarse, sending shivers down everyone's spines. Everyone waited anxiously for what was to come.

"The child born from the depths of the seas,

shall sit upon the thrones of theas.

Sought from the blood of a mortal,

yet stand equal to the immortals.