Chapter 6: Colton

I woke up in the morning and saw that Ashley was still sleeping. This was the perfect time to go plan the engagement. I slipped on a shirt and shorts and some slides, grabbed the guys then head out the door. "Bro, did you hear about this guy who lives near us?" I looked confused. "He thinks Ashley is hot." I looked at his phone DMs, there was a text from this guy named Jacob Moreno. "Well tough shit, he's not getting her." We pulled up at the vineyard and walked over to a little gazebo and scattered roses all over the ground and lit candles. It looked absolutely lovely and I could not be more excited to propose to Ashley. We got back in my truck and decided it would be more right to go get lunch after working hard to make this all look beautiful. "Bro he followed Ash on insta, what do we do." I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "Tell Ash to block him, I swear if he comes an inch near her I'm gonna fucking kill that son of a bitch." We drove back into town and got our lunch at Panera then took it back to the house. Ashley and the other girls were out in the pool tackling each other and dunking each other. I pulled my shirt off and ran outside and jumped in the middle of all the girls. I was swimming under and picked up Ashley. "Ahh." Ashley screamed. She turned to look at me then kissed me. "Ok, ok you guys, save it for the bedroom." We both laughed. "No I think it's so cute to see you guys, you are obviously so in love with each other." We looked at each other. "We definitely are." Then I kissed Ashley.
That night I put on a navy blue suit paired with black Gucci shoes. I went and opened the drawer and grabbed the ring. This was the night, I was gonna ask Ashley Brooks to become Mrs. Fields. Ashley walked out of the bathroom looking absolutely stunning. She was wearing a silk pink dress that scrunched down on the chest and silver sandal heels with her hair in the perfect curls. "Oh my God, you look so stunning, I can't." She smiled. "Ooh, look at this." I pulled the scrunched down part of her dress down even farther. She started laughing then put it back into place. "So shall we get going." We walked out the door and while Ashley wasn't looking I turned around and the whole group of friends started dancing because they knew I was gonna propose. I opened the door to let her inside my truck and she sat down. I opened my door and started my car. She put her hand in mine and smiled at me. I leaned in to kiss her.
We pulled up to the vineyard and Ashley was very confused. "Where are we, I thought we were going out to dinner." I grinned at her. "You'll see." I opened her door and we started walking towards the gazebo. She had her arms wrapped around me as we were walking and soon enough, she knew what was going on. "Oh my God." We walked under the gazebo and I started talking. "Ashley, when I first met you, I knew for sure that you were gonna be the one I would marry and after the two years together, I'm completely in love with you, I just can't wait another day to ask you this." Ashley started crying as I got down on one knee. "So, Ashley Elizabeth Brooks." I opened the ring box and she gasped and started crying more. "Oh my God." "Will you marry me, will you spend the rest of your life with me." "Yes, yes, oh my God yes." I stood up and put the ring on then kissed her. I picked her up then spun her around. I could not be more excited. I put her down and she kept kissing me until we decided to leave.
We got home and everyone stood up in shock to see if she said yes or not. Ashley put out her hand and showed them. "Omg, omg, we have a bachelorette in the house." The girls rushed over to Ashley and they all did a group hug. After that the boys rushed over to me and picked me up. "Yeah, baby." "Ok ok, let's go grab some champagne, this deserves a toast." The boys ran into the wine room and grabbed a bottle of champagne and popped it open. It got everywhere but we didn't care. "Here is to the new engaged couple, may you live a happy married life together and have beautiful babies one day." "No man this toast is for you, If I never went into that party with you that one night, I would have never met Ash." Ash gave me a kiss and we all raced outside to play a game that our friends made. "So this game is called the bachelorette game, so Colton, draw something out of the hat and read it out loud." I took a piece of paper and read it.  "Remove Ashley's underwear." All of our friends laughed in amazement as I crouched down and stuck my hands in to find a black lace pair and I threw it to Vince.  "Sorry, Ash, now it's your turn." She took a piece and read, "Take a body shot off of Colton." I smirked as I removed my shirt and Vince poured whiskey on me.  Ashley walked over to me and licked it off and took the lime out of my mouth.  After playing the weird games we all jumped in the pool and tackled each other.  It was a night we'd never forget .