Chapter 38: Next Step

Start from the beginning

"After Natasha escaped from the Red Room," I start before pausing, "I was sent back to HYRDA." I look back up and Dr. Jones is looking at me. Even though she isn't showing, I can see her holding sadness in her eyes. "I did terrible things," I whisper, "I killed so many people. They made me into their little soldier. I have many painful memories now, but I needed to know. I guess now I know why I felt like there was a gap in my life. While I was with HYDRA, I apparently worked with the Winter Soldier."

Dr. Jones nods at my words and writes things down. "I don't know if he remembers me because I was sent back to the Red Room after two years. They wiped my memories of those two years before I left. I don't think I'll ever know why," I finish.

"And does anyone know about this? Does Wanda know about the memories she helped bring back?" Jones asks.

"Natasha, Wanda, Lyon, Tony, Clint, Maria, and my Aunt Lidia know," I tell Dr. Jones. I have rekindled my friendship with Maria. I have also been talking with my Aunt more.

"I'm glad you are talking about it. While I, of course, do not understand the pain you went through, based on what you have told me, I can see that it has been hard," Dr. Jones says and I nod.

I glance at my watch and Dr. Jones raises her eyebrow. "Need to be somewhere?" She asks.

"I'm on lunch duty," I respond and she chuckles before closing her notebook.

"Go ahead and let's try and make sure it is not a month before our next meeting," Dr. Jones tells me and I nod with a small smile.

"Sounds good," I say as I stand up and make my way toward the exit, "See you next time Doc."

I leave the room and let out a deep sigh once the door closes. Instead of heading to the kitchen, I walk to my room. Once I get there, I place my hand on the scanner to unlock the door. I walk in and the door shuts behind me, but I freeze at the sight in front of me.

Natasha is only covered by a towel wrapped around her body as she walks out of the bathroom. Her beautiful red hair is now longer, a great thing since I can run my fingers through it.

Nat looks in my direction and smirks at my dazed face. "Hey, detka," she says softly as she walks up to me. She wraps her arm around my neck and I place my hands on her waist.

"Hey," I reply with the same tone of voice. I place my hands on her waist and she begins to twirl my hair on her fingers.

"I thought you were meeting with Dr. Jones," Tasha says skeptically and I shrug my shoulders. I gently pull her into me so her body is against mine.

"I told her that I was on lunch duty," I respond and Natasha raises an eyebrow.

"But Sam is on lunch duty," she tells me.

"I know, but I needed to see my fiancée and I missed her," I tell her as I tug at her towel.

Natasha chuckles softly before kissing my cheek. "You just saw me a few hours ago," Natasha tells me and I shrug.

"And?" I ask and Tasha shakes her head.

She gently pulls my head towards hers and rests her forehead against mine. "I love you," she tells me with her eyes closed. I smile at her words and close my eyes as I sink into her hold.

"I love you too," I respond.

Natasa kisses me gently before pulling away with a smile. I watch as she walks towards the bed where her clothes are laying. My eyes go wide as she takes off her towel.

I know that I have seen her like this before, but every time I see her bare body, her beauty continues to take me back. Seeing her beauty reminds me how lucky I am to be able to call her mine.

Natasha winks in my direction and begins to put her clothes on. Once she is dressed and has her shoes on, she walks over to me and takes one of my hands in hers. "You like the show?" Natasha asks with a playful smile.

"Always," I respond.

"You're cute," Natasha says making my smile grow, "Come on."

Natasha and I leave our room and head to the kitchen. When we get there, music is playing through the speakers on the ceiling and Sam is dancing as he prepares lunch. I look with at Nat with a devilish smirk on my face. "Don't you dare," she mouths to me.

I let go of her hand and sneak up behind Sam. Once I reach him, I poke him in the side and shout, "Sam!"

"AH!" He yells and swings back to punch me in the face, but I catch his hands before it connects. "Holy mother of all!" Sam says while clutching his chest, "Never do that to a chef in his element."

I look at him with a raised eyebrow at his words and he glares at me. "You let her do this? Try and scare me to death?" Sam asks Natasha as he looks over my shoulder.

"I tried," Natasha says, "But I enjoyed it."

Sam glares at her before directing it toward me. "Don't do that again," he says demandingly.

"Yes, sir," I say while saluting.

"Not funny," Sam says, but I can see the smile slowly showing.

"Sure," I say as I pat his shoulder as he goes back to making lunch.

I go to sit at the table with Nat until Wanda walks into the room and walks straight to me. Natasha and I look at each other with worry when Wanda hugs me. She rests her head on my chest and I wrap my arms around her. "What's wrong?" I ask.

I glance at Tasha and nod with a reassuring smile. She nods before going over to talk to Sam.

"I'm just missing him a lot today," Wands tells me and I sigh quietly before tightening my hold on her.

"I'm sorry," I respond as I run my fingers through her hair, "It is completely okay to miss him, just know that he is always with you."

I hear Wanda sniffle and I feel a small wetness on my shirt. Before I can say anything, all of our phones go off indicating that it's an emergency.

Wanda pulls away from me and pulls out her phone while I do the same. "Rumlow's been spotted," I say somewhat surprised.

"In Lagos, Nigeria," Natasha follows, "Steve and Lyon will meet us on the Quinjet. Everyone has ten minutes before we have to meet."

Wanda glances at me with a small smile before turning away to get leave and ready. Natasha jogs past me after helping Sam with taking care of the food. Same jogs past me as well and I follow them to go get ready.

The only thought on my mind as we get ready is hoping that we can deal with Rumlow once and for all.