Chapter 14: Lost and Found

Lost and Found

~~~

"Hang tight!" Steve says as I hold onto him. As the two doors to the garage start to close, Steve somehow gets his bike into the air and we barely make it through.

Steve does not slow down when spikes then appear from the ground. I groan as I reluctantly tighten my hold on Steve. "Are you serious?" I mutter as a Quinjet then appears in front of us.

"Stand down Captain Rogers and Agent Bluejay. Stand down," the pilot tells us and a machine gun appears from the bottom.

Pierce is really determined to kill not only Steve, but now me since I was there for the meeting. "Repeat, stand down," the pilot says but Steve just speeds up.

The machine gun starts going off and Steve starts swerving before tapping my knuckles. I sigh as I grab my sword when Steve throws his shield and it hits the Quinjet. The plane starts to go down and Steve hits the brake making the both of us fly off the bike. I take my sword and slice it through a major part of the Quinjet as Steve grabs his shield. He then throws his shield and destroys the plane more.

Steve and I then jump off and land on the ground. I turn to see the Quinjet hit the ground. "Let's go!" Steve says and we run off.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I slightly trail behind him.

"Getting some clothes," he says as we enter the city. We quickly run into an ally to hide ourselves.

"Do you have money because I definitely don't," I tell him.

Steve sighs as he thinks for a second. "Take your mask and jacket off," he tells me and I look at him with shock.

"Excuse me?" I ask him and he sighs.

"Just do it, Evalina," Steve tells me.

I reluctantly do as he says and he takes my things then hands me money. "Go buy us some clothes, I'm going to find a car," Steve tells me and I nod.

I rush inside, luckily not getting looks from anyone. I grab some clothes for Steve then grab black jeans, a white shirt, blacks shoes, and a dark green sweatshirt for myself. I then see a black beanie and quickly grab it. I go to the front and pay for the clothes and make my way out of the store.

A car then pulls up in front of me as I exit and I look in the car to see Steve. "How?" I ask Steve as I get inside.

"Germany," he just says and I nod. I hand him his clothes and we drive away.

Steve drives at a normal speed so nothing is suspected. I lean my head against the window as everything passes us. My mind is on overload with what has happened in the past couple of days.

The mission. Me getting glass stuck in me. Fury dying. Natasha pushing me away. The meeting with Pierce. Then getting attacked.

We soon pull up to the hospital we were at earlier. I climb into the back of the car and change into the new pair of clothes and once I'm done I get out. A few seconds later Steve follow with him in the new clothes.

I follow Steve into the hotel and memories of earlier come flying back. I am too caught up in my thoughts when I realize that Steve stopped starring into a vending machine. I look at him confused and stand next to him looking inside as well.

Then there is a third reflection in the glass. My breath catches in my throat when I see my girlfriend. I want to pretend to be angry at her, but I can't when she pops the gum in her mouth. A small smile appears on my face when I realize that she is here with me.

Steve then turns arounds and grabs Natasha pushing her into a room and slamming her up against a wall. I quickly look around the hallway making sure no one sees us as I follow. "Where is it?" Steve asks Natasha.

"Safe."

"Do better."

"Where did you get it?" Natasha asks and I look at the two confused.

"What are we talking about?" I ask them confused as hell right now.

"Steve got the flash drive with the intel on it. He put it in the vending machine," Natasha replies.

"Where and how would you get it?" I ask Steve.

"Why would I tell you two?"

I then realize the truth, but Natasha beats me to it or asking him. "Fury gave it to you. Why?" Natasha asks him.

"What's on it?" Steve asks.

"We don't know, Rogers," I tell him.

"Stop lying," he says angrily and he pushes Natasha more up against the wall.

I see red at how he holds Natasha. "Back off," I tell Steve as I remove his arms, "We only act like we know everything, Rogers."

Steve looks into the hallway before back at us. "I bet you both knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you," he says but I don't reply and notice Natasha's eyes get wide.

"Well it make sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you," Natasha says.

"I'm not going to ask you again!" Steve says shoving me out of the way and pushing Natasha up against the wall.

"I know who killed Fury," Natasha says then she looks at me, "We both do."

Steve's facial expression drops at her words. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years," Natasha tells him.

"So he's a ghost story."

"I remember him," I say and they look at me, "Before I escaped from the Red Room, I was sent to kill a politician and he was there."

Both of them look at me surprised. "He was sent on the same mission by HYDRA and didn't want it to be taken away from him. He found out that I could heal while were fighting and pulled out the same anecdote that the Red Room used on me. I couldn't heal for a month after that and let's just say that I didn't kill the politician."

"I also saw him," Natasha says and Steve looks at her, "Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me."

Natasha pulls up her shirt slightly to show the scar. "Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-bye, bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now," Steve says.

"Nope, she doesn't," I say leaning against the wall behind me with a smirk.

Natasha looks over at me and sends me a small smile. "Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried," Natasha tells Steve then she pulls out the flash drive, "Like you said, he's a ghost story."

Steve then takes it from her hands, "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants."

~~~

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter? Is there anything you would like to see in future chapters? Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

~ The Author