Chapter 9: Discoveries

Discoveries

~~~

As we get closer to the jet Steve hands me the folder and I place it into a secret compartment in the car. Natasha pulls up to the jet and she comes to a quick stop. We all get out and Natasha and Steve go to the trunk as I climb out of the car. Natasha opens my bag and throws my mask at me. I place it over my eyes then take my sweater off and put my navy colored jacket on.

After we are ready, we quickly make our way to the jet. As we step on, Rumlow is waiting for us with has hands by his sides. Natasha walks right past him and his eyes follow her. I groan internally at his actions. "Devin," he says as I walk on.

"Rumlow," I mutter as I follow my girlfriend.

I set my bag down and grab my sword out. Many of the S.T.R.I.K.E. team members look at me as I place it in my hold. I raise an eyebrow at them and they look away and I roll my eyes as I grab my gun and put in my holster. Rumlow and Steve then walk up to Natasha and I place my sword and my holder as the jet takes off. "Alright," Rumlow says puling up a picture on the screen, "Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. The last payload was being set up when pirates took them, ninety-three minutes ago."

"What are the demands?" I ask him.

"Billion and a half."

"So it's not off course. It's trespassing," Steve tell us.

"I'm sure they have a good reason," Natasha says while she looks at the screen.

"How many pirates?" Steve asks.

"Twenty-five. Top mercs led by this guy," Rumlow says pulling up a picture.

"George Batroc," I say and everyone looks at me with surprise, "Part of my job is to stay up to date with people like this. He's and ex-DGSE, Action Division. At the top of Interpol's Red Notice. He had thirty-six kill missions before the French demobilized him. Got a rep for maximum casualties."

Natasha looks at me impressed and I send her a small smile. "What about hostages?" Steve asks soon after.

"Mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell," Rumlow says pulling up the picture of him.

"Alright, once we get there I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat and Blue, you kill the engines and wait for instructions . Rumlow you sweep aft, find these hostages and get them out," Steve demands and everyone nods.

"Thirty minutes out," the pilot announces and everyone splits.

I head to my bag and grab a rag. I then grab my sword and sit on the chair besides me and I start to clean it. "Why are you cleaning your sword only to get it dirty again?" Natasha asks when she sits next me.