Chapter 38: Next Step

Next Step

~~~

"Welcome back, Evalina," the woman says with a smile as I enter the room.

"Hey, Doc," I respond as I sit on the couch across from where she is sitting.

"It has been a while. It's been about a month since our last session," Dr. Jones says as I lean back.

"Well, I've been busy," I tell her. The therapist stays silent for a few seconds as she writes things down.

"What have you been doing?" Dr. Jones asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I visited Tony. Spent about a week with him. Then Natasha and I went to go see Clint and his family," I say. Jones smiles before nodding.

"How has your fiancée been?" Dr. Jones asks and I smile as my heart swells at the word.

"She's good," I tell her.

I proposed to Natasha about two months ago. We have been talking about getting married after everything with Ultron, and I decided to initiate it. We both agreed that we are going to wait a little to get married and it would probably be a small wedding if we have one.

"Everything has been alright between you two?" Dr. Jones asks and I nod. I watch as Jones writes a few more things down before looking back at me. "So what is bothering you then?" Jones asks.

"How do you know something's wrong?" I ask her.

"I'm your therapist, Evalina. I can tell," she responds.

I cross my arms and grip my sleeve. "Just the memories that Wanda has helped me gain back," I tell her and she looks at me confused.

"Has Wanda been able to help you get back memories in this past month?" Jones asks and I nod.

After Ultron, I confronted Wanda about what she did to me and how it resulted in memories resurfacing. She agreed to help me try and get back some more memories, but we first had to make sure she could control her power more. Steve, Natasha, and I spent months helping her not only with her powers but also her combat. We of course also helped her with the skills of being an agent such as stealth.

Within those months, Wanda and I have become closer. I practically consider her my little sister at this point.

"Do you want to talk about what memories you have retrieved?" Dr. Jones asks and I clench my jaw before looking down at my lap.