10- A conversation for the past

Y'all know about the thoughts.

Warnings: Swearing, mentions of abuse

Emma's P.O.V

It's hot.

No, it's cold.

What's the difference?

I groggily opened my eyes. I saw shelves of books, a desk, and a couple doors leading to other parts of the room. I also saw a fluff of brown hair.

So I'm in Jamie's room?

He looked to be sleeping, so I just rolled over and curled up on the other side of the bed. I didn't want to disturb him.

A few hours later....

I woke again, only to see Jamie wide and awake. He had a plate of food and a glass of water in hand. I rolled over, alerting him of my presence.

"Layc?"

I blinked at him.

"Oh my god, Layc! You're awake!" Jameson set the food down and jumped onto the bed.

I held open my arms, and he embraced me in a tight hug. I broke down crying, and he rubbed my back. I opened my mouth to speak, but Jamie spoke first.

"I already know what happened. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm a dumbass."

That made me cry even more.

"Jamie, you are not a dumbass." I looked him in the eyes, hoping he wouldn't feel guilty.

He reached for the glass of water as he smiled at me, "You can speak." He was so happy.

"Sort of, I only want to speak to you." I was quiet, taking the cup of water in my hands.

I sat on the edge of the bed, staring at Jamie's hardwood floor. 

Suddenly, someone knocked on his door. "Come in, she's awake." Jameson called, not bothering to ask who it was.

He walked in, all regal and mighty. "Clair, I'm so-"

I panicked. I dropped the glass, shattering on the hardwood floor. I rolled over into Jamie's arms, shaking.

He sighed, "I don't think she wants to see you. Ever."

Grayson walked out of the room, sad to see me in such a state. Jameson held me tighter, not daring to let go. I just cried and cried, not caring if I was getting his shirt wet. 

Jameson's P.O.V

She cried herself to sleep. I can't believe that jerk. He really hurt her.

I gently set her underneath the covers, picking up the glass pieces and throwing them away. I took the plate of food, and went to find Grayson.

Yet again, he was in the pool.

"You know you fucked up real bad, right?" I called,seeming to talk to no one.

The sound of moving water stopped.

"I did. And I want to make it right. But, she's afraid of me."

I laughed, a soft horrid laugh. "Do you know why she's terrified of you?"

He just looked at me, baffled.

I tsked, "You really don't pay attention do you?"

He got out of the water, drying his hair with a towel.

"Emma Laycie Clair. Daughter of Dr. London Clair and Prof. Patrick Clair. Do you remember?" Still no response from Gray. I slammed him against the wall.

"Do you remeber, how her parents were always gone? How she pleaded them to stay? How little they cared about her? How, when they were home, all they'd do is drink? Do you remember them calling it 'relaxing'? Do you remember them getting drunk, to the point where they hurt their own child? Do you remember, how quite Layc was? How she stopped visiting?"

Gray looked down in shame.

"Do you remember, when we saw her again? When she was pale, bruised, and had bags under her eyes? How skinny she was? How she wouldn't smile, would barely talk?"

Gray shoved me off of him. He started to walk away, but I yelled after him.

"Do you remember, when she was with you? She was happy, she was free. Do you remember, why she left? Do you remember, being scared? Were you scared?!" I was screaming at him now, enraged that he hadn't yet spoken.

"Of course." The reply was small, quiet.

"Of course I was scared. I loved her, I still lover her. I just- I'm an asshole. I can't seem to do anything right, damnit!" Now I was shocked.

"Tell her, I'll get her to talk to you. You just have to be gentle with her. She'll forgive you, eventually." I spoke low and quiet.

"Maybe, I'll try my best."

And with that, he was gone.