🔹4🔹

Video: Blood Right (instrumental) by Madame Macabre

I recommend playing it when the actual thriller action starts, but it's up to you :)

-Disclaimer-

-This chapter contains descriptions of graphic violence/gore, very intense gore-

Emperor's heart was pounding in his chest as he stared over at the bright battlefield across. His feet felt shaky on the spawning point for no apparent reason, his golden weapons pointed towards the floor. Around him, his teammates chatted loudly to each other, their weapons drawn and casually slung over their shoulders. Tentaclip and her umbrella, Archer and his heavy silver dynamo roller, and Sev with his squiffer. They ignored Emperor completely, cheerfully bickering among themselves. He didn't mind at all like he normally would, his eyes fixed on Tentaclip. 

He hadn't just imagined that. He was sure of it. His eyes narrowed even further, fingers clenching at his weapon triggers. If she tried to make a move he'd-

A sharp tap at his shoulder caused him to whip his head around, his muscles tensing violently. His breath shuddered out in a quiet burst as he gazed upon the mint green colored girl smiling blankly at him. Her fingernails jutted into his shoulder, causing him to grit his teeth. Tentaclip continued smiling in a way that made him uneasy, her umbrella pointed at the ground. He snapped his mouth into the most convincing fake grin he could manage, "Is there something-" However, before he could even think about saying anything else, the girl interrupted him:

"Emperor," she started in the most breathy voice, "remind me," her smile stretched out even further, pupils dilating, "How do I work a weapon again?" His blood ran cold, his fake smile washing off just like sand on the beach. She... Was she being serious? Seeing his reaction, her head tilted sideways, her grin becoming more hungry, "I seem to havforgotten..." Her fingers dug into his shoulder, causing his entire body to clinch up in a cold shade of dread. He tried to move his body, but it wouldn't go anywhere, no matter how much he forced it.  

He needed to move. He needed to get away... He needed to get- 

"What the hell are you two doing?" Tentaclip's fingers hastily removed themselves from his shoulders, her head turning around to gaze upon the upcoming Sev. The male arched his brows at them, shaking his head in amusement, "Aw, have I ruined a moment?" Tentaclip, acting flustered, laughed it off. She patted Emperor on the back, saying a loud 'oh, my bad. Never mind, I figured it out' before walking off. The king puffed out a quiet sigh of relief, biting his lip. 

No. He definitely didn't imagine that. 

*-~-*

"For the first match," the announcer shouted into the mic. They waved their arms in an energetic circle, pointing to Goggles and his team standing down below, "We have the Blue Team! Give them your love everyone!" Loud cheering erupted from across the sidelines, inklings and octolings waving large colorful banners from all around the stadium ('Go! Go! Team Blue!' 'Emperor!!!' 'Stupid team! You got this!' 'Show 'em what you got absolute King!'). "And on the other side," the announcer continued to yell, "We've got Emperor and his new team. Give it up for Team Mint Green everyone!" Goggles glanced sideways at Specs as the previous king and his team were revealed, their weapons raised for the crowd. The other inkling grinned back at him, flashing him a thumbs up. 

"We got this," he mouthed, steadying on the spawning point with his famed octobrush. Smiling widely, Goggles also looked back at his other team members. They grinned, white teeth flashing in the sun above. 

"Haha, remember to have fun!" 

"Are you ready?" 

"Three!" the announcer screamed, "Two!" Goggles readied his splattershot, making sure that his outfit was completely zipped up tight. Even though his main goal was to have fun, he knew better than to underestimate Emperor. A bead of determined sweat gathered on his brow, running down his cheek. The king still looked intimidating from over there, even more intimidating than an angry  Rider. Speaking of Rider... He glanced backwards one more time, a jolt of glee rushing through his body upon seeing the lime colored inkling smiling at him. Rider waved an encouraging hand, followed quickly by Army.