006 (2)

I'm Here For You (II) by QueenOfTheNorth34 on ao3

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

Kiri had always loved spending time in Pandora's forests; it was the one place she didn't feel like an outcast. She would spend all day just lying in the sun. She would stare up at the tall trees, reminding her of how grounded she was, until she fell asleep. The atokirina would lay on top of her.

Since the Sully family left their home and the Metkayina people had accepted them as their own, almost all of them. Kiri had found solace in the ocean. She had already learned how to hold her breath underwater quickly. It wasn't hard for her, she doesn't know why it just comes naturally to her. Kiri found the beauty in the smallest things from the tall trees and mountains to a tiny hole in the sand.

As she sat on the sand, above the small tidal pool, the same place where Aonoung and his friends called her a freak and said that she wasn't true Na'vi. Kiri may be half avatar and half human but she had a Na'vi parent, she was raised as a trueborn Na'vi, and was a part of Eywa's communion. Her thoughts drifted to someone she'd been curious about since their arrival, Roxto as she continued sitting in the water, he seemed so nice when she and her siblings met each other. He taught them Neteyam and Lo'ak how to breathe underwater. Lo'ak had even told her that while they took their first dive that Roxto was the first one to notice her 'disappearance.' She thought of it as sweet but confusing as to why he was not long after he was such a jerk.

Kiri doesn't believe he truly meant the things he said but that he was...scared, that he went along with Aonoung because he wants to fit in, because he's like her in some ways, an outcast.

Still sitting on the sand, looking down at the water. When suddenly someone sat down next to her, it was Roxto. She refused to look at him, still mad. But he kept looking at her until he managed to squeak out "Hi." Roxto noticed this didn't make her turn his way so he also stared at the reflective water. They sat in awkward silence until Kiri spoke up.

Kiri sighed. "If you're here to be an immature skxawng. She said in the monotone voice she spoke whenever she was annoyed or fed up with others.

"I'm actually here to apologize." He replied, whispering the last few words, regret in his voice.

"Why?"

"I don't wish to be mean to you, or anyone. I'm more interested in learning about your people than bullying you."

"Then-then why did you do it in the first place?" Kiri asked, facing Roxto. The two of them finally made eye contact.

"Aonoung." He said, now frowning. "He-he doesn't scare me but, I'm sure like most other people, intimidates me, sometimes." Kiri maintained eye contact but Roxto turned away. "Ever since we became friends I felt the need to follow his every command, do everything he does, and follow along with him with anything he starts. Including getting in a fight, getting a kick to the stomach, and a black eye from your brothers." He pointed to his black eye. "They are stronger than they look."

Kiri laughed. "They care about me, they know how I feel when I'm made fun of. They hate it even more when we as a group are made fun of."

"Kiri, I am truly sorry for how I acted."

"I accept your apology, Roxto. Just please tell me, what are you so afraid of? Why do you feel the need to put on this act?"

I think I'm afraid of being alone. I don't have anyone else like Aonoung. Sometimes I feel like he just thinks of me as annoying, like I don't mean as much as him, as he means to me. He's like my brother."

Kiri noticed the now complete displeasure on his face. She gave him a playful punch on the arm to get his attention. "Well I think, I can see that he cares about you."

"Really."

She smiled. "Really. Well he might have a weird way of showing it, like my dad has a weird way of showing us that he cares about us sometimes but I know like him, Aonoung cares for you the same way that you care for him. Just be yourself around him, or else then you might really be alone."

He shook his head in response. "Thank you Kiri."

"Thank you Roxto."

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

thank you for making it this far! i hope you're enjoying the oneshots written by the owners!

vote goal — 300 🌷