005

Injured by Jellybean_347 on ao3

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

Lo'ak tried to follow his dad's orders. Behave and don't cause trouble. After the fight with Aonung, he apologized and went past the reef with them. He thought they forgave him. Then they left him and he realized it was all a coy.

He woke up on what he thought was a rock. All he knew was he was stranded and his ankle was killing him. After trying to swim with it, he concluded it was definitely broken. His dad was gonna kill him.

After talking with the Tulkan, who he found out was named Payakan, he tried to think of a plan. Get back home and hide his ankle? He sighed.

"I should've known they would leave me here. If I weren't such a skxawng then maybe I wouldn't be out here in the first place"

After laying for a while and talking with Payakan, he realized the more he waited, the more his father was gonna be angry. Neteyam was also waiting on the dock, figures his older brother would be waiting too.

The sky was a bit darker when he arrived at the village. He heard his name being called, thanked Payakan for saving his life and dreaded the swim back.

It took him significantly longer to swim back because he mainly swam with his arms and one foot. He could see his father standing at the end of the dock, arms crossed against his broad chest. The ex-marine didn't look very happy.

When his father saw him, the angered look only intensified. After convincing his parents and Ronal and Tonowari it was his fault and not Aonung's, his father said to Tonowari, "I've got this one covered". His father said to him "On me." Followed by Lo'ak being dragged by his hair back to the marui. The extra pressure on his foot causing him to wince.

"What were you thinking." His father said angrily, pacing the marui as Lo'ak sat in front of him.

"I'm sorry sir." Lo'ak said.

"Lo'ak they've let us stay here. I told you to stay out of trouble and what do you do? Go off and cause trouble." His father said.

"I'm sorry sir." Lo'ak said again.

"You're going to be doing extra training and chores this week" His father stopped pacing, standing in front of him.

"Yes sir." Lo'ak replied.

"Get some rest." His father said leaving the marui.

Lo'ak crawled over to his sleeping mat and laid down. Sleep came easy.
——————————————————————————— He woke up to his dad patting his shoulder. "On me, Lo'ak."

Lo'ak sat up hastily to catch up with his father who was already making his way out of the marui.

The sun had barely risen and the rest of his family was still asleep. He walked slightly behind his father so he didn't have to put as much pressure on his foot to hide the limp.

"Today we're going to be catching fish, sharpening the weapons and doing some training." His father said while prepping the fishing spears.

"Yes sir." We grabbed spears and started the fishing. As much as you think fishing is a sitting down thing, it's not. You have to get close enough to the fish to actually hit it. There's a lot of failing before succeeding. It's even harder with one foot.