006

I'm Here For You By QueenOfTheNorth34 on ao3

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

During Neteyam's funeral, Lo'ak tried to hold himself together, for his siblings and parents but he just couldn't. He stopped thinking that it was his fault, he was the one who convinced him to go back into the ship. He didn't have to die, he shouldn't have.

Neteyam was everything to him. He taught him how to fish, hunting and stealth tips, even though Lo'ak never mastered the bow and arrow, Neteyam still tried to teach him regardless but he was fine with his simple dagger.

Lo'ak grinned, wiping away the tears from his face as he sat in his Marui pod, feet dangling in the water. The fish were glowing, like stars in the sky.

"Kiri and Spider said you were here." Tsireya said, sitting down next to him. She didn't say anything, understanding his grief. Tsireya was still recovering from the recent events. So much life was lost. The Tulkun, her mother's spirit sister and her son, Neteyam. She still remembers Neteryi's cries and the blood on Lo'ak's hands.

Tsireya can't imagine what it would be like to lose Aonoung. Her older brother has been so comforting to her since the sky people's attack on their home. Her big brother no longer scoffs at Lo'ak and the others.

With all these thoughts going through her head she grabbed Lo'ak's hand. They continued to sit in silence for a few more moments.

"I remember when I was, probably seven years old, my parents brought us to the Ayram for the first time. Neteyam was so excited, he was jumping across constantly. But I was scared that I was going to fall, he made sure I felt safe and comfortable the whole time and helped me climb up. The view is the most beautiful thing ever. And Neteyam. Neteyam was just there. I don't know what I'll do without him." He let go of her hand, covered his face, as tears streamed down his face.

Tsireya wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. Letting him grieve. "I can't comprehend what it's like to lose a brother but know that I, my family, and my people are here for you." She said, comforting him as she started crying herself.

"Thank you." He replied quietly. They stayed in the embrace

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

thank you for making it this far! i hope you're enjoying the oneshots written by the owners!

vote goal — 300 🌷