Chapter 16: Zelda's POV

The rest of the week passed in a blur. Most of my nights I stayed up thinking about what Samus and Ike were talking about in the hallways.

Apparently, they have some type of deal.

But what?

Why would Ike have a deal with Samus? And who is the dumb blonde who's also in on it?

I shook my head as I dressed myself. I quickly applied some mascara to my eyelashes and lipgloss onto my lips.

I tugged on my outfit, feeling discomfort.

I was wearing one of Ike's old football jerseys. I tied it back with a hairband since it was long and baggy. It thankfully covered my butt that was clothed in leggings.

Link and I were going to the school's football game, and we were going to make Ike jealous by showing our love for each other.

It's gonna be so satisfying to see the same look I had when I saw him with Samus on his face. I thought menacingly.

My phone rang, Link's name flashing on the screen. I sighed and answered it. "What?"

"Well hello to you too."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine...hi, Link! How are you?" I said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

He chuckled, his deep husky voice sending shivers down my spine. "I'm doing good actually. How about you?"

"Good, I guess." I looked in the mirror, double checking myself. "So, Link, what exactly to we do when we get there? Do we, like, cheer the team on or--"

"We make out."

I sputtered. "I-I, y-you, what?"

I couldn't practically see him smirking from the other end. "You heard me, princess. I said--"

"I know what you said!"

"Then why did you ask?"

"Because I wasn't sure if you were serious! What do you mean make out? Why do we need to?" I shouted frantically.

"Because we're supposed to be a couple. And kissing is a couple thing." He answered. "Not only that, but it's to make Ike jealous. He'll be even more pissed when he sees you in his jersey."

I headed to the door. "Fine, whatever. When will you be here to pick me up?"

"Right now. I'm outside."

My heart skipped a beat when I glanced out my window and saw Link's car park in front of my house.

I smiled slightly. "Okay, bye, Link. I'll be out in a sec."

"Kay, bye."

The line went silent and I turned off my phone, putting it in my black purse. Again, I checked myself in the mirror before hurrying out the door.

<><><>

"Wow...this place is packed." I commented when Link and I pulled up to the high school. The parking lot was filled with cars, but thankfully, we found a spot to park.

We quickly fled the car, getting in line to pay for our tickets. I tapped my foot impatiently, not used to waiting in line. When Ike and I were dating, I got in for free without the wait. Though sometimes I didn't need him cause I was a cheerleader.

Link also seemed to notice. "So how come you aren't cheering or doing whatever you cheerleaders do?"

I answered back. "Well, since cheer competitions are coming up soon, we practice for that rather than for the football games. Once in a while will we perform during games." I explained.

"Huh...that's different, but whatever."

After a few minutes, we finally got our tickets and entered to the bleachers. Both of us finding a seat that was near the front, a spot where Ike could see us.

There was a moment of awkward silence between us, both of us glancing around and avoiding eye contact until I spoke up.

"So....do we kiss now?"

He smirked. "Wow, eager aren't we?"

I flushed. "N-no! That's not what I meant!"

Link laughed, that same husky noise that made my the butterflies in my stomach flutter. "I know, princess. It's just fun to tease you."

"But seriously...when?"

At that same moment, hoots and hollers erupted throughout the crowd as the football players ran out, waving at the crowds.

My eyes finally found Ike's, his eyes scanning the large mass of people before landing on mine.

"Right now." Link butted in.

I turned to him with a questioning look when he suddenly swooped down and crashed his lips onto mine.