Chapter 5

Cinna put my hair into a bun, put sparkles in my hair. He stuck red sparkles on the right side of my collar bone and on my right shoulder. Cinna also put me in a beautiful red dress, it's tight at the top and loose at the bottom. Peeta is in a black suit with red outlines on the suit.

I don't pay attention to Glimmer's, Marvel's or Clove's interviews. But I do listen to Cato's interview, because I like him... better than the rest of the Careers, he's my friend too.
"Cato, do you think that you'll win these Games? Bringing pride to your District," Caesar Flickerman says.

"I don't think so," Cato says.
"Why not? You're strong, you got a ten," he says, the audience cheers.
"Because I would give my life, so the girl that I love will win."
"Awww...," the audience says.
"Who's this girl? Clove? Glimmer?" Caesar asks.

The audience becomes dead silent.
"No... Her name is Katniss Everdeen," he says.
The crowd gasps, I feel myself smiling and some Tributes look at me.
"The girl from District 12?" Caesar asks.
"Yeah."
"Good luck to you, Cato!"
The audience cheers as he leaves the stage.
It's finally my turn for my interview and I know that Caesar is going to ask me how I feel about Cato. I walk on stage, the audience cheers and I sit next to Caesar.
"That was very brave of you to volunteer for Primrose Everdeen," he says.
"I had too. I couldn't live with myself if my sister went into the Games, and I did nothing," I say.

"Awww...," the audience says.
"Now, Katniss, did you hear that you have a secret admirer?" Caesar asks.
"Yeah, I did," I say.
"Cato. He said that he loved you, do you love him back?"
Do I love him?

He's Career, I thought that Careers were heartless. That was before I met Cato just a few days ago. He helped me in the Training room and that was very sweet of him to do that. That would be a friend thing to do. Do I love him? If I said so, how would Gale feel about this? Or my mom? Prim? I know that Peeta doesn't like Cato and doesn't want me to trust him.

Peeta and Effie think that Cato and the other Careers are going to kill me when I'm not looking. But Haymitch is glad that I became allies and friends with them.
"Yes," I say, "I love Cato."