That's not him but he won't see it.

"When he was learning... we went to the forest, near the old spirit tree, and sacred seeds landed on him. They came to us and you know that they're rare if not for celebrations nowadays. But they came and covered him. Eywa knows he's different, she even blessed us with a son," I speak.

"That's just nature," Jake argues.

I close my eyes and shake my head. Why can't he see past that hate?

"When did this happen?" Neytiri asks coming forward.

"The first week he asked for me to train him on our ways, we were out in the forest and he told me something about a bug," I hear him laugh a little behind me, and a smile forms in my face. "When I turned around, sacred seeds were all over him and Miles held them, he saw them," I say.

Neytiri looks conflicted.

"Did you really learn how to hear and see? Not only with your ears and eyes?" She asks him.

"I recognize that everything here has a life and contributes to the balance of Pandora, I don't want this place to end up like the earth I've seen. Humans don't know how to appreciate and give thanks, they only know how to take," he says. I turn to look at him with pride.

"This is all I've been waiting to tell you. That I don't want this place to end up like earth, I don't want the sky people to come and build big towers and take every precious thing from here just because it gets them money-"

"Enough," Jake says and Miles shuts up.

He, Neytiri, and the leaders of the Metkayina gather around.

"Well done," I whisper to Miles. I am truly proud.

He leans a little on me and I feel him give my head a kiss. I don't move, I won't move until I know he's free from danger.

Ronal suddenly appears in front of us and unties Miles, we're both confused.

"Give me your hand," she tells him.

He stretches his hand out to her and she takes out her knife, with a quick move she cuts a fine line on his middle finger and lets the blood drip a little, then stands next to him examining it.

"It separates... your life path," she murmurs.

He and I look at each other.

"I see conflict and strength, most importantly that division," she says.

"So you believe him?" Tonowari approaches her.

"Eywa gave him a sign and... judging by this... his path divides in two, let's hope he chose the right one," she says.

"Eywa is never wrong..." Neytiri murmurs.

Jake's the only one who still seems skeptical.

"He did, however, commit criminal acts," Neytiri adds.

"Let him stay with me, please. I'll supervise him and he will cooperate with everything. Everything he knows he'll tell you," I say.

The four of them look at each other and gather again to speak by themselves.

I take Miles's hand, the one bleeding.

"Miles Quaritch, you'll stay here as a prisoner, but we'll trust our sister Anatuat to look after and respond for you," Tonowari announces.

"If you try to harm any of the people here of behave in any bad way, then you will be sentenced to death," He warns.

"Thank you, sir," he says.