Chapter 3

Sitting there on the medical berth, my legs swung over it. I was, thankfully, not strapped down to it. My injuries had been all tended to and I was ordered to rest to heal properly. The autobots were discussing just out of earshot. I didn't understand most of this. I was quite known yet not of these bots knew me. I was Third In Command of the Decepticons and yet none of these bots know who I am. And it's not like they don't see me, I used to go out on missions quite often, mostly stealth missions, but they definitely have seen me and most definitely should know of me. Nowadays I'm pretty wanted for warcrimes and other laws I've broken.

They had eventually ceased discussing about my presence here and came to a conclusion. I'm sure I'll find out what that conclusion is sooner or later. I perked up, hearing pede steps come my way. "You need to be lying down." The grumpy voice of Ratchet scolded me, not wanting to anger the medic, I lied down. The medic continued on with whatever as I stared at the ceiling. He was just out of my view. The thoughts and emotions of the medic came and went, quiet as ever. He felt uneasy about a con in the base, but knew he had to help the vulnerable. Also he didn't like disagreeing or denying the primes orders.

A voice called the medic over to them, pede steps leaving the sickbay. For a little while, there was discussion then a groundbridge opening and closing. What was going on? I perked up, holding myself up by my elbows. I attempted to get a look of to what they were doing. I couldn't see much with the way I was positioned but quiet curiosity lingered through each and every one of them. I laid back down, staring at the ceiling. I could only imagine what would happen next.

~~~

"Come on, one foot infront of the other." The medic suggested. Foot. A human term. I never understood why the autobots started using them. My injured pede was still a bit shaky but that would go away in time. I walked carefully and slowly, taking it easy, as the medic had ordered. He reminded me of Bomb. I hadn't seen the mech in quite some time. The medic followed right by me as I took careful steps towards the exit. Our shoulders nearly touched. He was making sure that if I fell he'd catch me, and if I attempted to do anything rash, he would be there to stop me. Not like he could.

"Hey Ratch, you sure we don't need to chain him up in any way?" Now known as Bulkhead questioned.

"Yes, I'm sure." The medic replied, occupied with me.

"But he's a con!" The brute retaliated.

"Which is why he'll be under constant surveillance." Ratchet argued, not wanting to be distracted by the other bot.

"Yeah! Calm down Bulk! Me, Jack, and Raf spent a bit of time with him and he didn't hurt us! He's kind of cool!" Miko barged in, where did she come from.

"Miko! You aren't supposed to be here!" Bulkhead whipped around to look at her, the two began bickering. The medic had his full attention put on me, which was kind of irritating. He kept making suggestions and telling me to slow down whenever I quickened my pace slightly. It got rather annoying. Eventually he led me back to sickbay. I didn't have to lay down, I just had to be off my pedes.

The humans seemed quite interested in me, especially the female. She kept trying to get into the sickbay. A million questions ran rapid in her processor. Good thing I wouldn't be able to answer them. The other two humans seemed hesitant yet curious, especially the young one. He was an interesting case, he could understand bee when I could not, even though I am the same species of this cybertronian while the young one was a human. It perplexed me. The older one was curious, but way more cautious. Jack only came over when Miko did and that was to drag her away. Miko wanted to know every story behind every scar I had. Most were from the same story, but no one would know that.

~~~

It had been quite some time since whoever went through the groundbridge came back. Perhaps there was some difficulties. Ratchet was currently occupied with speaking to whoever went, so I was stuck with Bulkhead. The brute was ordered to make sure I walk around, so I my pede could get back to normal. It was less shaky now, but it could still give away if I wasn't careful enough. Bulkhead was quite resistant at first but complied with the medic after complaining a bit. He wasn't as close as the medic, which I preferred, he didn't talk as much or order me around. He was more cautious about me attacking though.

"Bulkhead, get him back into the sickbay, Optimus and the others are returning. With a guest." The medic vented at the thought of another person being in the base. The groundbridge activated as Bulkhead started to lead me back to the sickbay. I stopped dead in my tracks as thoughts and emotions trinkled in as they returned. Hearing the thoughts I recognized anywhere. My servo balled into a fist as I looked over my shoulder to see exactly who I expected it to be. Megatron.