Chapter 43: The Attack on the Training Camp

Third Person POV

All of the students from Class 1-A and 1-B stand outside of the woods after they finish eating. Pixie Bob rallies in the troops, "We've filled out bellies and washed the dishes. Now it's time for..."

"A totally awesome test of courage!" Mina interrupts. She cheers and jumps up and down.

Kaminari, Sero, Kirishima, and Sato also cheer, "We're totally going to win this!"

Suddenly, Mr. Aizawa appears behind them to put a damper on their fun. "Not so fast," he says which stops those five in their tracks. "It pains me to say it, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me tonight instead."

"You've got to be kidding me!" Mina shouts. Her eyes go big with horror and rage. 

Mr. Aizawa throws his scarf at all five of them, holding them hostage from moving forward. "Your training today didn't impress me, so I'll be using this time, too." He turns to walk back to the makeshift dorms.

Before Mr. Aizawa can leave, Midoriya raises his hand. "Wait, Mr. Aizawa." The teacher turns to the green-haired boy. "If you don't mind me asking, where's Akira? Is he not participating?"

Mr. Aizawa sighs, "My son isn't feeling well. At the advice of Recovery Girl, I sent him to bed after dinner." He pulls the remedial class students towards the dorms with him. "He'll return to training with you all in the morning." The teacher leaves for the class without any other questions. Todoroki watches his friend's father go, and wonders what actually happened. 

With that, it is Pixie Bob's turn to explain, "Okay, so Class B will start as our "scarers". When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those."

"Revelry in the dark," Tokoyami comments, which psyches Ururaka out for a second.

"Now, those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact - use your Quirks to terrify the others. Got it?" Pixie Bob finishes. 

Tiger decides to jump in. "The winners are the most creative students who make the most people piss their pants."

"Did we need that image?" Jiro questions.

Ida jumps in with his all too familiar reasoning. "I see - the teachers are having us compete with each other to find new and exciting ways to use our Quirks! As expected of UA!" He cheers as the rest of the students groan.

Pixie Bob holds up a few small pieces of paper in her hands. "Everyone draw to see who your partner will be," she commands. Since there are five people in Class 1-A that have remedial classes and another student out "sick", there are seven groups of two and one group of one. Team 1 is Tokoyami and Shoji; Team 2 is Bakugo and Todoroki; Team 3 is Jiro and Hagakure; Team 4 is Yaoyorozu and Aoyama; Team 5 is Asui and Ururaka; Team 6 is Ojiro and Mineta; Team 7 is Ida and Koda; and Team 8 is only Midoriya. The test of courage begins without a hitch.

Up in the Mountain...

"AH!" Akira growls loudly. He pulls against his restraints, though not of his own free will. It is like his body has a will of its own. He writhes around while trying to keep his head on straight. He continues this until he feels a familiar pop and screams at the pain. His knee gets pulled out of socket... again. "Shit..." he breathes out. "This is ridiculous. I..." He pauses as he feels a word about to be spoken without his permission. 

However, he cannot stop himself from speaking. "BLOOD! I NEED THE BLOOD!" he shouts and starts pulling against his arm restraints despite the pain in his knee. He cuts open his writs and ankles trying to break free. He shakes his head back and forth, trying to break himself free of this instinctual need break himself out.