Chapter 38: First Trip to the Mall = Last Trip to the Mall

Akira's POV

I had thought the final exam would be the worst bloodlust day for me.

I was wrong - very wrong.

I wake up the morning after the Practical Exam with an empty stomach. How annoying... I had been too exhausted after the final exam to dream, thank god. Once my father unchained me from my bedroom floor, I walk into the living room and flip face-first on the couch. "Uh..." I moan.

"Still not any better?" my dad asks. He puts a few papers in the small bag he takes to work with him. 

I respond with a firm "Uh!" I fling my arm off the side angrily.

I hear my dad move around in the kitchen. He moves to the fridge, pulling something out of it. "Do you want a bag just to be safe?" he asks.

"No" is my response. But my body shoots itself up on all fours, "Yes!" I shake my head back and forth. "Fuck..." I mutter under my breath. I flop back down on the couch.

Dad snaps his fingers. "Kitchen," he commands, "butt - here - now." I hear the slosh of the bag on the counter. 

I groan as I stand up and move to the kitchen. I grab the bag irritated, extend my fangs, and stab the bag. I drink the bag dry slowly, hoping that might help my situation. Once I finish, I stroll over and throw the bag in the trashcan. When I stop and survey myself, I groan even louder, "UH!"

"I'm guessing that didn't help," Pops says. 

"Obviously not." I put my hands over my face. "Sorry, Dad," I tell him.

"Hey." He comes over and pats me on the shoulder. "We are going to figure this out." He grabs his bag and mine as we head to the door. "Just try not to take anyone's head off at school today."

"Tell that to the 140lb Pomeranian with a selfish need to be a pain in my ass." I stop after I said that and stare at my dad. "You heard me," I chuckle. 

My dad pushes my head down and messes with my hair. And with that, we head to UA. The drive is pretty quiet; we did not have much to say. I am kind of excited to go today. We will be leaving for the training camp soon. Maybe Level 3 can help stop me from slowly going insane.

My dad goes to the teacher's lounge when we arrive at school. I make my way to the classroom and wait for the other students to arrive. Most of the students are happy, but there are five who are not. Sato, Sero, Kaminari, Ashido, and Kirishima are very down that they are not going to go to camp. 

Mina cries, "I look forward to hearing all the... stories about... how fun...camp was... everyone..."

Midoriya is trying to help cheer up the five unlucky ones. "Maybe they'll end up letting you go," he suggests. "There might be a last-minute twist or something."

Sero puts his hand on Midoriya's shoulder. "Stop that, Midoriya, by saying that out loud, you're just jinxing them."

Kaminari starts muttering under his breath. "They said whoever failed the exam will have to skip training camp and live in summer school hell." He takes a panicked breath in. "We didn't pass the practicals, so we're doomed. Don't you get it Midoriya, or did All Might knock all the brains outta you?"

Todoroki and I sit at our desks and watch the chaos unfold. He looks over at me while leaning on his arm. "Speaking of, did All Might knock all the brains outta you?" he asks.

I put my head down on the desk. "No, but my problem is all out of whack today," I whisper into the wood. 

"Is it really that bad?" he questions.