Chapter 29: Adding More Rules to a Rule-Filled Life

Akira's POV

Once Shoto and I had calmed down, we go out to the field for our training exercise. I go with Group 1 with Sero, Midoriya, Ashido, Ida, and Ojiro. I am going on autopilot. I have a similar strategy to Sero - taking to the skies with my new scarf. Since I am not really trying, I only come in second to Sero. 

Once the exercise finishes, All Might tells me to meet him and the other teachers in the Principal's Office. I obey, leaving Shoto behind. I know he is worried about me, but this is something I know I have to do alone. 

I open the doors and immediately get wrapped in the arms of my father. "D...Dad..." I mutter through his shoulder suffocating me. His grip on me is so tight that I can hardly speak. I return his embrace, trying to be mindful of my strength. He releases me and looks into my eyes. His eyes are red, but not for the reasons most would think. He had been crying... over her...

Why would he be crying over the bitch who nearly killed his son?

I hold my head for a moment, trying to make it look like I am brushing away my hair. This new voice in my head is the last thing I need right now. 

My dad, after holding onto my shoulders and looking me up and down, walks to his seat once he is reassured I am alright. The teachers surround me, making me feel like I had just committed a major rule breaking. 

"Akira, I know the news today was hard to hear, but it is true. Your mother has been released from prison." Nezu explains, "After you, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Ida faced the Hero Killer and returned to your internships, Endeavor got a call from your mother. She did not say anything to him other than announce her presence." 

Present Mic then takes - well, the mic. "We spent most of the time you were at your internship chasing down ever lead we could get our hands on. We found the phone she used to call Endeavor left out on the street, which just so happened to be stolen from a reporter who was interviewing him after he was credited with the Hero Killer's capture. We also checked her old laboratory and every known associate she ever came into contact with." He grumbles, "So far, every lead has turned up cold."

Suddenly, I remember one of my memories. "Wait, what about my uncle? You...You have to protect him. She..." I stop myself from speaking. 

"She what, Akira?" Midnight questions.

I take a deep breath in. "Over the course of my internship, I was able to remember some repressed memories of mine. One of which I... Mizukage forced me to attack and kill my grandfather." I expect to hear gasps from the crowd, but get nothing. "Wait, did you..."

"Your uncle told me about that after we had rescued you, including the threat your mother made on his life," my father tells me. He stares into my concerned eyes. "Don't worry, kid; your uncle has been warned about her escape. And trust me when I say he is fully capable of protecting himself - he and I used to train together when I was... courting your mother."

Part of me feels like vomiting, but another part of me is poking at my spine. "What about my grandfather's murder? Did she get charged with that crime as well? I know her charges are almost all having to do with what she did to me, but is that a part of it?"

There is motion amongst the teachers before Principal Nezu answers. "I'm sorry, Akira, but there is no way we could charge Mizukage with the crime without incriminating you and your father."

"Because I'm the murder weapon," I whisper under my breath. However, my father hears every word. 

"I know you are probably wondering why we had asked you to come here," All Might tries to lighten the matter. He points to my father on the opposite end of the table, "which your father will now explain."