Waking up 2: Electric Boogaloo

A Big F*cking Dumbass.

That's what I am for not thinking of a solution before falling asleep.

I could've asked Io to just move me out of sight so we wouldn't be discovered by the Revenants.

Or I could've just asked Io to kill them, she is an attendant that actually survived long enough to find me, a successor, when most of them don't even make it to their targets. I'm sure that she is strong enough to make quick work of some wanderers.

But that would've alarmed the other Revenants who suddenly lose connection with the scout team that discovered us.

Damn it!

I was so... ugh. Whatever, no crying over spilled milk.

But screw the past me for being lazy. Even if he was too tired to think of a solution.

Screw him!

I let out a sigh as I fixed my gaze on the ceiling of my confinement.

But there is one thing I don't blame him for, and that is wanting to rest his head on Io's lap as soon as possible.

The warm pillows on which my head had blissfully rested remained the same.

They are mad comfy.

I did wonder about how I was carried while being knocked out cold but given the fact that Io was an attendant, that thought was short-lived.

Bet she could bench 500 pounds with little to no effort.

Speaking of superhuman strength- I closed my hand with a strong grip that had the prowess which didn't belong to a normal person- Hell yeah, this is what I'm talking about!

I felt rejuvenated and filled with absurd amounts of energy that I had never felt before.

Even with my new slim build that is rather toned than ripped, I still had prowess beyond any human should have. Even if my past body was bigger, I could beat it with my hands tied behind my back.

This whole new set of sensations was the hammer that drove in the nail in the coffin that held my doubts about my reincarnation.

This was definitely real and oh boy, I was liking it. But I knew that I shouldn't be delighting in such incredible sensations just yet. The situation that I was in wasn't favorable at all.

I slowly sat up only to notice that Io wasn't sleeping. She had her back on a concrete pillar and gazed at me for a second but-

"Ah, you're finally awake." A rough-sounding voice spoke. I turned around and saw a well-built man with short purple hair and pale blue eyes. His posture and aura around him told me a lot about him.

A jaded veteran sitting on the ground with his legs crossed.

He wore a uniform similar to mine. In fact, the other Revenants who were in the prison wore the same queenslayer blood veils accompanied by military clothes.

Upper body tactical armor, military pants, combat high boots, forearm protection, and gas masks.

Before I could even speak he held his hand up, "first of all, both of you better get your masks. The sooner the better."

"Masks?" I asked with slight confusion but I quickly remembered why.

The gas masks were made so Revenants could navigate through the environments filled with miasma. A fog-like substance that hastens the thirst effect on them.

"Masks?" The man repeated my question with slight bewilderment. "I hope that you asked because you just woke up and not because you lost that much of your memory." He shook his head with pity.