ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Ac—Actually, I—I'm having second thoughts ab—about this," I stutter but just as I turn, Zeldris grabs one of my hands tightly, his fingers curling around mine. "What are you—Let go of me!"

"Wear this outfit for me," he says firmly and then pulls me to him. "It looks great on you. My only problem with it is that it hides my favourite scar that you have; the one above your collarbone."

"Stupid angel," I grumble, squeaking when he presses a quick kiss on my scar. "St—Stop that!"

"I never really got to ask you how you got it," Zeldris murmurs softly as he buries his face in my neck. "I guess I was always shy to ask but you also had this deathly look on your face whenever Gelda or I uttered the word 'scar'. So I just assumed there were better things to talk about."

"Well, Elizabeth gave it to me," I whisper, wrapping my arms around him. "It happened before she met your older brother. I had just started my training in order to become a Commandment."

When Zeldris carefully raises his head from my neck to face me, I'm immediately tugged harshly into the painful past the moment I look into those wonderful emerald-green eyes watching me.

"Are you even trying, (Y/n)?" a cold voice fills my ear as I come crashing into the stone ground. "You need to prove to me that you can also rely on your own magical powers and not only the Commandment that our mother will bestow upon you. Get up. We're trying that again."

"Stop acting like you actually want this for me," I say bitterly and spit out blood from my mouth. "I bet you're real happy that you have this opportunity to beat the crap out of me. Admit it."

"Stop acting like a child," the eldest child of the Demon Queen says as I struggle to stand on my feet. "We both know that it takes immense power to bear a Commandment so I need you to be strong enough to carry this responsibility. And this pathetic attitude is not helping in any way."

"I'm always pathetic in your eyes," I snap, tilting my head to crack my neck. "I know that."

Sighing, Elizabeth says wearily, "(Y/n), please. I don't understand how you can't see it. Levi"

"I'm not Levi!" I suddenly yell and then swiftly turn my enraged gaze over to my elder sister.

Shock flickers across her eyes for just a second before the familiar darkness returns to them.

"Enough of this," she mutters as she slowly raises her sword. "We will discuss this no more."

"Talk, don't talk to me," I say mockingly to her and lift my sword as well. "You never know how to make up your mind. You're like a spoiled child who just demands everything she can't get"

My eyes widen in panic when my older sister suddenly appears in front of me and I just manage to avoid the brutal swipe at my throat. But I still feel a sting on my neck as I leap over to the side.

Waves of crimson blood come spilling down from my collarbone and I splutter, "Damn bastard."

When I finally look up with one of my bloody hands grasping onto my brand new wound, I want to scream in frustration when I notice a satisfied yet horrified gleam in Elizabeth's dark eyes.

"Don't," I say with a very deadly voice just as she takes a step towards me. "Don't you dare."

"Apologies, little sister," Elizabeth states after a couple of seconds of silence but she looks far from sorry as she starts to grin wickedly at me. "But that will leave a nice scar, don't you think?"