Summer of 23

A few days after Charles left Lexi started to worry. He had to be pissed at her for turning down the Ferrari contract she was offered in Belgium, she believed thats why he had stormed off. She loved him but she loved her team, winning or not. His responses started to come few and far between.

Her stressed developed into some kind of cold and fever. Her fever had gotten so bad she was sleeping in Carlos's room so either him or Isa could check on her throughout the night. When Carlos had things to go do, Lando came over to "visit". She knew they were both just big mother hens who wanted to make sure she got better.

She was walking into her room when everything started to wash over her. Charles was supposed to be back today. She struggled to see straight and stand up. She pulled her phone out of her waistband to dial his number. She had already bugged Carlos enough and he had just gotten back from the track.

She started to panic when Charles didnt pick up on the third time she tried to ring him. She dropped her phone as she moved to toilet. She empty her stomach.

"Lexi?"

Carlos called out. He pushed open her slightly shut door. He had heard a  noise and loud, uncontrolled footsteps from her room. He found her in the bathroom sitting against the wall next to the toilet. She looked like shit, pale and in a lot of pain. She barely batted an eye when she had her wrist broken, something was seriously wrong

"Carlos. I dont know what's happening."

She emptied her stomach again.

"It hurts so bad."

Carlos ran his hands through his hair panicking.

"Where is Charles?"

"I dont know, he turned off his location and wont answer my calls."

Lexi cried out in pain clutching her sides.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck."

Carlos pulled out his phone. Charles sent him straight to voicemail. He dialed another number.

"Lando, where are you?"

"I just left the apartment mate, you miss me already?"

"Its Lexi."

Thats all he had to say.

"I'll be there in two."

Lexi didnt know when Lando got there but he was out of breath.

"Lex, I told you we should have gone to the hospital days ago."

She could barely make out his words. Her world started to slow and wave.

"Shit Carlos, we have to take her now. Where the fuck is Charles?"

"I dont know! I dont fucking know."

Lando took Lexi into his arms. They ended up outside and Carlos opened the car door for them.

Lando held her the whole way there.

"Carlos if you crash my McLaren, im going to kill you."

Lexi was going in and out of consciousness. She had lost an awful amount of weight in the last few days. Charles had only been gone for a few days but he knew it had been an eternity for Alexis.

The hospital staff rushed over to them when they ran in. They pulled Lexi out of his arms and rushed her down the hall. Lando set his hands on top of his head. And Carlos just crouched down and held his hands over his mouth.

"She's not okay."

"No she's not."

It was at least two hours before a doctor came out looking for them. Scrub cap in hand he walked over to them.