Saudi Arabia 2022

In 5 days the team had packed up their shit, flew to Saudi Arabia and unpacked it all. Fortunately the next break between races would be much longer.

Her father had called the whole team together for a dinner Thursday night. A "spirit lifter" for this weekend, at least thats what her dad had claimed.

Truthfully the team was floating on Cloud 9 still high from the win in Bahrain. It was a strong way to start the season and it proved that the bulls were charging forward this year with new speed and skill.

Alexis had been sat right next to Max, she figured it was her father's work. His brain worked in the same ways hers did. If she could have her way she would sit next to Checo and his wife, but Christian had kept the peace by sitting her at the table next to them.

The dinner was bearable but it didn't stop Lexi from finding a way to go out and have some real fun.

Lexi's phone was continuously buzzing. It made Max uneasy but she stepped on her fathers buttons the second she picked it up to answer it during the entree's.

"Lexi..."

"I didnt think I was twelve and couldn't have my phone."

"I didnt think you were still immature enough to know to not use your phone at the table."

Lexi figured it was best not to fire back her next comment. She could be mean if she wanted to but there was too many people around.

Max cleared his throat, "I'm very excited to see how the car's perform tomorrow. Its always great to have a win early in the season but we must have consistency."

"We will as long as the DRS opens." Christian nearly dropped his fork at Lexi's comment, who just took a bite out of her lasagna after setting her phone down.

She started to giggle once she swallowed, "Take a joke, Dad. Gosh. It's not like I just told you the Queen died."

Max started to chuckle but tried to stifle it before taking a drink of water.

"Alexis Grey Horner, you are truly unbelievably..."

"Unbelievable the biggest ass here next to Max? I know. Im surprised the donkeys at home aren't named Alexis and Max."

Max clapped a hand over his mouth to hold the water in.

"Max, you know better than to take a sip of anything around me." She added on, keeping a neutral face.

"You two are like children."

"Your children may I remind you."

Christian just shook his head in amusement, while Max was trying to swallow his water without choking on it.

Once everyone was done with dinner, the team started to mill around the various tables. An important sponsor was speaking to her father and Max was engaged in a conversation with some of the pit crew. All she had to do was sneak away, winking at Checo on her way out.

Her phone buzzed a few moments later,
'You're slick kid'
It was Checo. Then another message came through.

'Hurry up Lex.'

She responded to Lando,
'omw'

Once she reached the front of the restaurant she saw the orange McLaren 570S.

She got into it, "Couldn't be most conspicuous you two?"

Lando looked in the rearview mirror with sunglasses on.

"Neverrrrrrrr."

The figure in the front seat turned towards her.

"Dont tell me you missed me Leclerc. It wouldn't look good."