"That's my cue Rose, sorry!" I apologized and then took off to the kitchen to check the cookies. I pulled them out and then set them on the counter to cool down.

I heard the ruckus outside and I started to panic. "The bus was early today!" I squeaked, and then scooped the cookies onto a plate and set them onto the table in the entrance before running back to the kitchen, closing the doors behind me. I threw my hair up into a loose bun and put my apron back on. I looked at the request board that I had put up for todays dinner that people would put up suggestions. I took one off the board and nodded.

"Beef stew it is!" I then went to work on the stew, but only to stop when I heard the door open.

"Hang on guys, I'm gonna grab an apple instead!" Averick chuckled as he walked into the kitchen. I froze up in my place, hoping he didn't see me. I hated talking to Averick. I was always a mess when it came to talking to him! Thankfully the fruit basket was near the door so he just grabbed an apple and started to leave.

Relaxing, I continued cutting the beef into small pieces so it would cook better until I felt someone close behind me.

"What's for dinner?" Averick's husky voice came from behind me and I stiffened. Eyes wide, I whirled around, knife in hand.

Averick jumped back away from the knife, laughing as he held his hands up. "Sorry! I didn't meant to scare you!" He chuckled.

I put the knife down quickly, bowing my head. "Sorry alpha!" I said, barely above a whisper.

Averick only nodded, and looked at the beef. His stomach growled slightly and he took a bite of the apple. "So you gonna answer my question?"

"Tonights dinner shall be beef stew." I answered him, keeping my eyes on the floor.

"Can we have meatloaf instead?" He asked, picking out a piece of apple skin from his teeth.

"But I-" My eyes widened and looked up at him.

"Are you going to go against your future alphas request?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"No alpha..." I look back down in submission.

"Good, make it happen." Averick then turned around and left the kitchen.

I do wish I was his mate, but DAMN! Lately he has been an ass whole to a lot of wolves who weren't part of his friend circle. I discarded the already unthawed meat to the side as I growled to myself. Once meat is unthawed, you can't save it.

The Luna, Avericks mother, walked into the kitchen, frowning when she saw me starting to throw away the meat.

"Zan dear, why are you waisting meat?" She asked, walking over.

"Averick demanded that I made meat loaf tonight, even after I had unthawed the beef..." I sighed, and she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Go ahead and make whatever you were making before. He's not your alpha yet, you can go against him if you please." Luna, which is what I call her, patted my back and then left.

I loved her so much, as if she was my own mother. She always took care of me when I really needed it, as if she sensed my trouble.

Putting the meat back onto the counter, I continued with the beef stew that I had previously planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At dinner, I could see Averick barely eating, glaring at his food. I had heard that the Luna had yelled at him after leaving me in the kitchen, and it made me smile slightly. I laughed quietly to myself as I walked back into the kitchen after making sure everyone was served. I ate my own bowl of stew, sitting on the counter. Averick came back in with his bowl, dumping the contents out into the trash.

"Thank you for the food. It was delicious." He growled. I could clearly see that it was Luna's words, not his.

I sighed, sliding off the counter. "Well, if it makes you feel better, I can make it tomorrow. Since it will be your birthday tomorrow." He give him a slight smile as I tried to keep my cool.

"No, I'd rather have steak for my party." I nodded my head, making a mental note of it.

"Of course alpha." I bowed slightly and turned away from him to go back to my bowl to eat.

After that, everything seemed to die down for the night. I went to my room and relaxed on my bed in the basement. No one really knew where my room was. But since I was an omega, I had a small hidden room so if we had an important guest, I would be hidden away form sight, even scent. The chains that held the feral or very horny alpha males littered the ground. They would use it on the males during a full moon if they feared they would hurt their mate when they were sick or hurt.

Usually, the one who would chain up the wolves would be the alpha, but one time I had to chain the alpha himself up. Only because his wife was still pregnant with Rose and no one else was allowed to touch the chains. He put more trust into me than anyone else in the house. Because he knew I would never go against him.

Yes I know that his son could have done it, but he didn't know if his son would go into a power hungry state and keep him there, or not. Pfft, men and their mood swings.

I unlocked the hidden latch to my door and went into my bedroom, locking it back behind me. I only had the things I needed down here. A bed with a pillow and blanket, and a few books that would change every month.

The only people who knew of my secret room was the alpha and luna, which was both for safety, and security. I don't know why though, yet I never question them.

My eyes slid closed, and I yawned as I curled up in bed, hugging my pillow.

"I want to be eighteen too... I want to find my mate." I whined and curled up.